Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Broady in 3

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Broady in 4/5

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely lol he is going to lose next match anyway

I don't think he wins but I would never rule it out. Kyrgios has beaten Medvedev both times they have played (both matches were in 2019). Of course Medvedev has taken the next step since then and Kyrgios has regressed for any number of reasons. But Nick does look like he has put some fitness work in and if he serves like he did last night then it's not a simple match for Medvedev.

Medvedev probably goes through but I can see Kyrgios taking at least a set and if that happens to be the first then it becomes a 50/50 proposition.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day 1 has come and is almost gone in a flash. All the big names got through with Barty having a bagel and a breadstick just before dinner. We did lose Kenin, but she wasn't expected to do anything anyway.

Melbourne Weather 21.
Cloudy morning, with sunny breaks developing in the afternoon. Winds southerly 10 to 20 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the morning.

Day 2
RLA 11am
Muguruza-Burel
Swiatek-Dart
Medvedev-Laksonen
7pm
Sabalenka-Sanders
Tsitsipas-Ymer

MCA 11am
Saville(Dasha)-Peterson
Rublev-Mager
Halep-Frech
7pm
De Minaur-Musetti
Raducanu-Stephens

John Cena
Kvitova - Cirstea
Kontaveit - Siniakova
Basilashvili - Murray
7pm
Broady - Kyrgios

Aussies In Action
Stosur - Anderson (1st on KIA)
O'Connell - Gaston (1st on court 8)
Inglis- Fernandez (2nd on 1573 Arena)
Thompson - Johnson (2nd on Court 3)
Hon - Vondrousova(2nd on Court 5)
Sharma v Tauson (3rd on Court 3)
Popyrin - Rinderknech (4th on Court 4)
Bolt - Davidovich Fokina (4th on court 6)

All eyes will be on Stosur in her last singles match ever. And she faces a WC, so it might be a contest. The Aussie girls got shocking draws and I struggle to see where 1 will win. the boys on the other hand.......

What a night session. several must-watch matches. ADM, Raducanu, Tsitsipas, Murray. Most Aussie eyes will be on Nicks match, who I can't see winning. But with Nick, you just know it will be nuts(and stupid)

Match of the Day
The poll with be Nicks match but think the better match will be the one before. Andy Murray coming from a big Sydney tournament last week and gets a re-match with Basilashvili, whom he beat at Wimbledon and last week. Going for Murray in 5

I don't think even a rusty Nick could lose his first round match tomorrow. Murray in four.

Unfortunately due to work I can only watch in the evening, I can't even take a day off.

A good day for those with Ground Passes today.

Kvitova, Kontaveit, Sinner, Murray, Kerber, Kyrgios, Stosur plus another seven matches where they can cheer on other Aussies (and another 3 on ticketed courts).

A nice touch that Sam will make her possible farewell on the new Kia Arena court. In her career she's probably played on just about every court at Melbourne Park (plus all the big courts at all the other slams) so will add to her memories.

I tipped Nick in 4. Not sure he is in condition to go 5 sets atm so hope he can concentrate early.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Minaur & Kyrgios on at the same time.
It's almost like this tournament is run by an idiot.

View attachment 1312709
TA have to try and sell tickets to the night session for RLA and MCA, so it's a good idea putting de minaur on MCA at night to try and sell tickets for that session. There are lots of Aussies playing today anyway, bound to be lots of clashes.

TA have to try and sell tickets to the night session for RLA and MCA, so it's a good idea putting de minaur on MCA at night to try and sell tickets for that session. There are lots of Aussies playing today anyway, bound to be lots of clashes.
True but even so, if it looks like one
1642474743607.jpeg

Oh - I missed that Chris O'Connell won his match. That will be a nice pay day for someone who's only been an ITF journeyman for most of his career.
Not bad for a recent world number 1,100. At the start of 2019 before the pandemic, he won 59 matches out of 80 for the year. Insane stuff. Managed to make the top 110 at the end of it. Exciting to watch. Every round he progresses through in the Majors, nice little pay day

Steve Johnson is looking quite out of shape at the moment. Should not be winning a beat of 5 set grand slam singles match with his current conditioning. Aussie men got a nice draw for their round one matches.

Oh that Roz woman is so annoying.

Apparently Maxim Cressy's surname is pronounced 'Creasy'..

Back