Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of De Minaur challenging Nadal in the 3rd round went down the drain after losing that 3rd set.
Settle down there, I think we all know he’ll be playing Ebden in an all Aussie clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrasting tie breaks all right millman goes for broke and it worked spectacularly de minaur plays conservative and stays out on court longer than he should have been.

Have been switching back and forth for both matches.....they were in tiebreaks at the same time. Millman has been incredible to come back like he has. Have a feeling Alex has had enough, he seems tired, will be lucky to win this one I think..

Have been switching back and forth for both matches.....they were in tiebreaks at the same time. Millman has been incredible to come back like he has. Have a feeling Alex has had enough, he seems tired, will be lucky to win this one I think..

Eh I disagree on Alex just on the basis that Laaksonen does seem like the type who will fade after winning a set.

What do you expect LP when Hewitt is his mentor.

I know you weren't referring to me but what I expect is that someone in a position of power should be fair and not bias. Not choosing not to give wildcard entries because of supposed personal vendettas etc.

Any chance of De Minaur challenging Nadal in the 3rd round went down the drain after losing that 3rd set.
De minaur won't beat Nadal he doesn't have the weapons. Being a great counter puncher won't get you far against arguably the best counter puncher ever who can attack just as well. The guys that beat Nadal don't give him room to be attacking and keep him on the backfoot. Alex will have to go into ultra aggressive mode to have a chance imo.

The Kokk, Tomic and Kyrgios need to stop acting like petulant children and harden up.

Team Australia don't want a bunch of yobbo arseholes playing for them :)

Disagree. I believe the problem is with Hewitt. Tennis Australia should replace him with someone who is fair, not bias and doesn't play favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back