Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be just 1 penalty for every time you have to go! Surely you don’t have to go to the toilet 5 times lol
I think it’s 1 penalty for every 25 seconds you are away from the court for delaying the game.

Nah mate it’s still tennis, and is hugely disrespectful to cheer after faults, post 2020 or not. Was pathetic. And it’s not just “after the what we’ve had”, it’s happened many times in the past. We are a pretty feral bunch.

After all the Fedsexuals were cheering John Millman’s faults in their third round 5-setter last year, I don’t mind seeing the home crowd get behind Kyrgios.

That Fed-Millman crowd was the worst I have seen ever in any sport. Just downright embarrassing for Melbourne 👎

Andreescu mental midget

Wow ! First tournament in fifteen months and coming out of a hard quarantine - It was to be expected - Anyway, she'll be hard to beat in the 25- tournament next week.

Which is funny to think given she's lived in Basque country most of her life

It rains like crazy in the Spanish Basque country and the average temperature in Summer is 22c.

Do you think with all the latest cases the AO will be cancelled?! Just like to know anyone’s thoughts on this matter!!

Do you think everyone in Victoria will stop working - This is effectively what your post means.

Nick has a massive opportunity this year zero points to defend

Could realistically be seeded top 15 by the US Open

Well, Kyrgios has to get off his backside, travel overseas and play tennis.

You might be right but I’m sure some discretion is with the umpire. Who knows.

Found this from an ATP tournament last year. Seems here it was 60 seconds per penalty for delaying the game for an extra toilet break.

Found this from an ATP tournament last year. Seems here it was 60 seconds per penalty for delaying the game for an extra toilet break.

That sounds about right actually think the 25 seconds is pushing it. Knew it was part of the penalties makes sense

Great win for Nick, not what you expect from him down 2 sets to 1 and 5-3 in the 4th.
I think I'm losing my belief in him though. Used to think he would mature into a real champ. Now I'm not so sure he has the game or desire...I mean longer term. Hope he proves me wrong but I think I'll be backing Kokkinos to catch up and surpass our Nikky. Also the mighty little Hewitt jnr in De Minotaur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm losing my belief in him though. Used to think he would mature into a real champ. Now I'm not so sure he has the game or desire...I mean longer term. Hope he proves me wrong but I think I'll be backing Kokkinos to catch up and surpass our Nikky. Also the mighty little Hewitt jnr in De Minotaur.

He'll never be a consistent top 15 player, might have a flash in the pan QF of a slam when he decides to turn up.

ADM will be consistent top 20, but doesn't have the weapons to be top 10 and win a slam IMO.

Kokk it's hard to say what his ceiling is as he has never had a good run at it.

Ummm okay?? See champions don’t even kick up a fuss, which was kinda my point.
Not being able to deal with adversity, calling him a joke? He clearly moved on. Yes he gets too emotional, but there's players like him in every sport. Doesn't make him a joke.

Day 4 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back