LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Yep, you're correct. Just googled the grand slam rule book and its warning, point penalty and game penalty thereafter. So I'm assuming it's a code violation every 25 seconds in line with the serve allocation time.

Would want to be pretty quick if you really had to go!
Would be just 1 penalty for every time you have to go! Surely you don’t have to go to the toilet 5 times lol

GroggSquad

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Nah mate it’s still tennis, and is hugely disrespectful to cheer after faults, post 2020 or not. Was pathetic. And it’s not just “after the what we’ve had”, it’s happened many times in the past. We are a pretty feral bunch.
After all the Fedsexuals were cheering John Millman’s faults in their third round 5-setter last year, I don’t mind seeing the home crowd get behind Kyrgios.

That Fed-Millman crowd was the worst I have seen ever in any sport. Just downright embarrassing for Melbourne 👎

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2007
2 Bedroom Apartment
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
You might be right but I’m sure some discretion is with the umpire. Who knows.

Found this from an ATP tournament last year. Seems here it was 60 seconds per penalty for delaying the game for an extra toilet break.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Found this from an ATP tournament last year. Seems here it was 60 seconds per penalty for delaying the game for an extra toilet break.
That sounds about right actually think the 25 seconds is pushing it. Knew it was part of the penalties makes sense

myblueroan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Great win for Nick, not what you expect from him down 2 sets to 1 and 5-3 in the 4th.
I think I'm losing my belief in him though. Used to think he would mature into a real champ. Now I'm not so sure he has the game or desire...I mean longer term. Hope he proves me wrong but I think I'll be backing Kokkinos to catch up and surpass our Nikky. Also the mighty little Hewitt jnr in De Minotaur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I think I'm losing my belief in him though. Used to think he would mature into a real champ. Now I'm not so sure he has the game or desire...I mean longer term. Hope he proves me wrong but I think I'll be backing Kokkinos to catch up and surpass our Nikky. Also the mighty little Hewitt jnr in De Minotaur.
He'll never be a consistent top 15 player, might have a flash in the pan QF of a slam when he decides to turn up.

ADM will be consistent top 20, but doesn't have the weapons to be top 10 and win a slam IMO.

Kokk it's hard to say what his ceiling is as he has never had a good run at it.

Richard Cranium

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Ummm okay?? See champions don’t even kick up a fuss, which was kinda my point.
Not being able to deal with adversity, calling him a joke? He clearly moved on. Yes he gets too emotional, but there's players like him in every sport. Doesn't make him a joke.

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Day 4 thread

Remove this Banner Ad