Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
People bemoaning the crowd on twitter. I think the crowd is allowed to let off a bit of steam after the year we've had.
Nah mate it’s still tennis, and is hugely disrespectful to cheer after faults, post 2020 or not. Was pathetic. And it’s not just “after the what we’ve had”, it’s happened many times in the past. We are a pretty feral bunch.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
People bemoaning the crowd on twitter. I think the crowd is allowed to let off a bit of steam after the year we've had.

I tend to agree, I didn't like it but it was nice to see people just enjoying themselves.

Amazing win by Nick, he proved me wrong. Tonight was what the tournament needed.

Are you serious?

I'm all for people enjoying themselves and adding to the atmosphere but there's a line. And carrying on like some blokes did tonight is well past it. It ruins the spectacle for many and especially for the players. You can literally get drunk and carry on anywhere else, at the pub for all anyone else cares.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I really shouldn't but you were saying :)

Nine are the happiest here. Nick matches are the highest rating. His Match with Nadal outrated the final. I can see good numbers on Friday night.

Nine really got the tennis rights in a sweet spot with Kyrgios, Barty, De Minaur and others. A discussion for another thread but the Country loves Cricket but tennis has a much wider appeal.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Novak said in his presser it is the, “quickest he has ever seen the courts”. Watching it it does look to be playing really fast. Helps the big servers for sure. Does this change who we think will win the title? For some reason I’m really liking Tsitsipas from the bottom. From the top I would’ve said Novak before today but man he was ordinary. Hope it was just a combination of the heat and a tricky unpredictable opponent with a lot of firepower.

Nah mate it’s still tennis, and is hugely disrespectful to cheer after faults, post 2020 or not. Was pathetic. And it’s not just “after the what we’ve had”, it’s happened many times in the past. We are a pretty feral bunch.

It is called common courtesy it’s not hard

Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Novak said in his presser it is the, “quickest he has ever seen the courts”. Watching it it does look to be playing really fast. Helps the big servers for sure. Does this change who we think will win the title? For some reason I’m really liking Tsitsipas from the bottom. From the top I would’ve said Novak before today but man he was ordinary. Hope it was just a combination of the heat and a tricky unpredictable opponent with a lot of firepower.

Naturally you would think that faster courts would suit the faster players. E.g. Nadal, Thiem.

Not for me Novak still. Gets the cooler conditions.

Best value is Dimitrov.

The one that may struggle on the fast conditions is Mededev.

Changes my female tip though and Im not sure why but Pliskova won’t get a better chance. Did take a ore tournament bet on Collins though she’ll love these conditions (match of the day tomorrow)

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Chair Umpire could have been a hell of a lot more aggressive in curbing the cheering between points.

Before the tournament I said Thiem. These fast courts don't really favour him.

Thiem isn't great at returning serve but maybe his all rounded-ness will get him by.

Have absolutely no problem with the party atmosphere but it's just common decency to not cheer faults.

Last edited:
What are the rukes if you take an extra toilet break? Is it a fine, warning, point penalty?

Goes under the code violation thing so first time warning, then second serve then point penalty then game penalty

Could Be wrong though but that would make sense

2D8D0985-4297-432C-8A1A-20604E3A5A0B.jpeg

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Anji tonight is as sad as can be. Up 5-2, dominating the second best in the world. Serving for the match.. loses next 5 games. Awful

Goes under the code violation thing so first time warning, then second serve then point penalty then game penalty

Could Be wrong though but that would make sense
Yep, you're correct. Just googled the grand slam rule book and its warning, point penalty and game penalty thereafter. So I'm assuming it's a code violation every 25 seconds in line with the serve allocation time.

Would want to be pretty quick if you really had to go!

Yep, you're correct. Just googled the grand slam rule book and its warning, point penalty and game penalty thereafter. So I'm assuming it's a code violation every 25 seconds in line with the serve allocation time.

Would want to be pretty quick if you really had to go!

Would be just 1 penalty for every time you have to go! Surely you don’t have to go to the toilet 5 times lol

Back