Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Back to the past. How good was it seeing Murray and Stosur win! And Inglis with a shocking result. A lot of 5 setters as well.

Weather - 27C. Sunny. Winds southerly 15 to 20 km/h turning southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning then increasing to 30 to 45 km/h by late morning.

RLA
11am
Badosa-Trevisan
Barty-Bronzetti
Nadal-Hanfmann
7pm
Brengle-Osaka
Zverev-Millman

MCA
11am
Svitolina-Tan
Shapovalov-Kwon
Krejcikova-Wang X.
7pm
Sakkari-Zheng Q.
Monfils-Bublik

JCA
11am
Giorgi-Martincova
Keys-Cristian
Berrettini-Kozlov
Hurkacz-Mannarino

Aussies in Action
Vukic - Albot (4th on Court 3)

Well, this is the boring side. Not many Aussies left on this side nor big names in interesting matches. It should get interesting later in the week but not yet. Wish I could write something to make this day interesting, but I am really struggling. Perhaps the below is the best.

Match of the Day
Bencic v Anisimova
The gold medalist v the winner of Melbourne. Anisimova is way better than her current ranking and could, one day, win a slam. Bencic is a semi-finalist and won gold last year. Ripping contest.

As I said in the D2 thread, I think Ash will appreciate playing in the day with warmer conditions.

The day crowd will also have some fun matches to watch including Kyrgios/Kokk in doubles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting outfit Dellacqua

lh235_2_1.jpg

Just seems a bit messy with the previous days not getting locked so we don't have all the tennis chatter in one place.

I guess I'm just a sucker for consolidation
has its benefits. When a big 3 player plays, that discussion gets stuck on a thread and doesn't derail the current one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back