Australian Open Day 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Roger speaks incredibly well in these on court interviews.

I loved the bit where he said, "I think I might have had match point against him twice, or maybe not", like he thought that sounded a bit arrogant and had to back track, lol.

He is good though. It's nice to see someone who loves what they do and is obviously comfortable with where he's at with his tennis career (and who wouldn't be in his position!).

Couldn't see a telly so thought I'd give it a go. They played the Basil interview with Barty at the end. I don't normally get stuck into Basil but that was terrible. Can they not think of anything to ask her about other than cricket, Federer and Cotchin? Utterly hopeless and embarrassing...

That's the thing- what has Federer got to do with Barty? How about ask her about her next match, or I don't know about the actual match. Basil is utterly trash

Gasquet won't beat Federer. I think I was reading before that Roger's record against him is 16-2.

Del Potro or Berdych in R4 is the chance. Hope it happens. Gasquet is typical Gasquet, all full of promise, delivers nothing as usual.

Yes Roger, you will get to play a game on RLA during the day session some day. When its a nice 23 degrees with a hint of a sea breeze.

Yes Roger, you will get to play a game on RLA during the day session some day. When its a nice 23 degrees with a hint of a sea breeze.
It will be Monday. Max forecast of 25, partly cloudy. Fed will have the day match against a small name and djokovic will play Zverev on RLA at night. If results go to script of course.

I think more than Federer's preferences is the potential TV audience. No-one drags in the viewers like Roger. I was talking to someone this morning about the tennis and after she got Nick and Bernie muddled and asked me if the AO was played on grass or clay o_O she said she really only likes Federer and she'll watch the tennis if he is playing.

Fed will beat gasquet, then has an easy 4th round and most likely berdych in the quarters. Can't see him losing any of those 3 matches.

I think so too. After that match, it gets a bit harder. If all goes to plan, it will either be Zverev, Djokovic or Thiem.

It would be interesting it Zverev as they are 1-1 on hard courts against each other.

Hsieh was incredible to watch yesterday. Loved the contrast of game between her and the tall powered mobility of Muguruza. Whilst one of them was on song and the other not quite, it was my preferred match of the day.

Well played Ash Barty this frumpy Women player has a ton of tennis smarts and will beat a lot of these 1 gear European tennis players. Can't see her going deep into a Grand Slam...but you never know. Women's tennis is not in a good place standard wise. Renee Stubbs commentary was bloody hard to listen to what a shocker she is. I am pretty sure she had her eye on the Italian beauty and was almost salivating into the microphone making excuses for her and talking about her upper leg...not thigh ...upper leg. Saw Barty beat the screamer and grunter ( on mute) there is only so much you can listen to. Impressive wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back