Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
The 4th day is here and we are back to schedule in the singles. Though the forecast looks really bad, we will probably get a delayed full day of tennis and that should be that for the rain for the fortnight. the night RLA looks a bore. Would have loved to see Bencic in the night instead of Svitolina.

Melbourne Forecast.
Temp Max-21
A touch of morning rain; otherwise, mostly cloudy, breezy and cooler
95% of evening rain (10-25mm). It will hopefully clear by midday.

Rod Laver Arena
Muguruza v Tomljanovic
Siegemund v Pliskova (2)
Gerasimov v Zverev (7)

NIGHT
Dart (Q) v Halep (4)
Nadal (1) v Delbonis

Margaret Court Arena
Bencic (6) v Ostapenko
Medvedev (4) v Martinez (Q)
Hon (WC) v Kerber (17)

NIGHT
Seppi v Wawrinka (15)
Svitolina (5) v Davis

Melbourne Arena
Vekic (19) v Cornet
Ash Barty Doubles
Bolt (WC) v Thiem (5)
NIGHT
Kyrgios (23) v Simon

Is it just me or could the Nick v Simon game be very entertaining? Simon will fight for every ball and always seems to get into epics. Simon is getting on a bit but I have always liked his fight. Can't see Nadal or Medvedev having any issues. Think the best entertainment on this side of the day might be with the old favourites who have done well here in the past like Stan and Verdasco. Theim "lost" in this round last year to an Aussie. Could history repeat?

I don't think the main favs will have too many issues. Mertens lost to Watson in Hobart and if it is windy again, watch out. The only exception would be Bencic, who has a resurgent Ostapenko. Ostapenko changed coaches when she nearly drifted out of the top 100 to Bartoli and since then, has a very good W-L record. balls will be smashed. Tomljanovic is a real chance against a sick Muguruza.

For the Aussies. Thompson is playing now and is the reason I am not in bed. Outside him, we went 2-2. Peers won his doubles as well.
Tomorrow we have Barty doubles v Moore and Sharma. Bolt, Nick, Hon and Anja are on the main courts. Plus

Court 3
Hewitt And Thompson in doubles. (2nd on)
Popyrin v Munar (3rd on)

Court 8
Rodionova (WC) v Bertens(2nd on)

My Match of the Day - Collins v Putintseva
Parkers fav and a really "combative" player v the biggest nut-job on the tour. I am just here for the handshake.

Exactly lol plus she picked the best time for mto

This. If it was troubling you that much take it after the 2nd set...but no as usual she takes it when the other girl has momentum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did well to minimise the delay - looks like another good day to have a ground pass

Yeah, courts are a bit of a mess. Perhaps the covers should have been used but you could not have foreseen this.

Indoor is going to help Muguruza one feels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back