Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats up there but she has way more talent than Sam. She has zero control but can get hot.

Oh wow yeah let’s S&V for absolutely no reason and watch as the ball sails past. This is cringe.

True agree on the talent!

People forget how good Sam was playing back in her heyday around 10 years ago. You could argue she should of won a French

This is hard to watch though.

Stosur is always a chance at the French Open...
she legit was the year Ostapenko won it(2018 IIRC) She won the first set won against her before she got injured in the quarters IIRC. Was the last great run.

not anymore. ranking 100 odd and only going 1 direction. sadly, as much I have loved/frustrated the journey, it should be time for her to put the racquet up and be a mum to her young kid and family. She didn't return to the tour after the return because of that. I think it is her last time, she just hasn't said so. Would be too hard for her this year otherwise.

And to the others saying she shouldn't won a slam. She totally should have. She just got the wrong one. Her run(s) at the French Open was very impressive and she was the best player that tournament (2010). She defeated Henin and Serena on her way to the semis, destroyed Jankovic. sadly the final.....Oh well, made up for that in the US.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget how good Sam was playing back in her heyday around 10 years ago. You could argue she should of won a French

This is hard to watch though.
Yeah I mean she did go through a phase where her serve was awesome and forehand deadly, but even during her peak she could lose to anyone. I’ve just never liked or rated her game and hopefully this is the end.

Looks like a match got moved to MCA. Can’t recall the last time a match moved court mid match?? Well done Stosur for getting flogged allowing the move to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back