deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
He'll get wildcards for as long as he plays mate.

Wildcards are given out for a number of reasons, being able to draw a crowd because you are entertainment value is a big consideration.

Yep, for the time being it appears the ATP tour/GS hosts are happy to provide NK wild cards purely for his bum-on-seats capability, not his tennis ability or potential results. Providing he continues to win matches early in the draw and is semi-competitive winning the odd set later against the top seeds, then his wild cards will continue.
This 'arrangement' may end if/when other players, specifically qualifiers, complain that NK is being constantly gifted a spot in tournaments for entertainment/marketing purposes only - which may already have occurred.

Last edited:

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Yep, for the time being it appears the ATP tour/GS hosts are happy to provide NK wild cards purely for his bum-on-seats capability, not his tennis ability or potential results. Providing he continues to win matches early in the draw and is semi-competitive winning the odd set later against the top seeds, then his wild cards will continue.
This 'arrangement' may end if/when other players, specifically qualifiers, complain that NK is being constantly gifted a spot in tournaments for entertainment/marketing purposes only - which may already have occurred.

I doubt he'd be getting too many wildcards at the moment. He's barely played and his ranking was ok up until a few months ago.

It's not an issue for the next couple of years and I reckon he'll walk away from the spot after that anyway.

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
Jan 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I doubt he'd be getting too many wildcards at the moment. He's barely played and his ranking was ok up until a few months ago.

It's not an issue for the next couple of years and I reckon he'll walk away from the spot after that anyway.
He could play exhibition matches or doubles?

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Does more for charity than most people could dream of, Ron gets a bad rap because he's so driven to be the best.

Lance Armstrong also did a lot for charity.

Ronaldo is a great player, one of the best ever.

He’s also an unlikeable, arrogant, self absorbed twat.

Doubt I’m the only person who thinks that.

Milanista28

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Lance Armstrong also did a lot for charity.

Ronaldo is a great player, one of the best ever.

He’s also an unlikeable, arrogant, self absorbed twat.

Doubt I’m the only person who thinks that.
Heaps think that, I just like defending him.