Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Medvedev in 3

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Medvedev in 4/5

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll get wildcards for as long as he plays mate.

Wildcards are given out for a number of reasons, being able to draw a crowd because you are entertainment value is a big consideration.

Yep, for the time being it appears the ATP tour/GS hosts are happy to provide NK wild cards purely for his bum-on-seats capability, not his tennis ability or potential results. Providing he continues to win matches early in the draw and is semi-competitive winning the odd set later against the top seeds, then his wild cards will continue.
This 'arrangement' may end if/when other players, specifically qualifiers, complain that NK is being constantly gifted a spot in tournaments for entertainment/marketing purposes only - which may already have occurred.

Last edited:
Yep, for the time being it appears the ATP tour/GS hosts are happy to provide NK wild cards purely for his bum-on-seats capability, not his tennis ability or potential results. Providing he continues to win matches early in the draw and is semi-competitive winning the odd set later against the top seeds, then his wild cards will continue.
This 'arrangement' may end if/when other players, specifically qualifiers, complain that NK is being constantly gifted a spot in tournaments for entertainment/marketing purposes only - which may already have occurred.

I doubt he'd be getting too many wildcards at the moment. He's barely played and his ranking was ok up until a few months ago.

It's not an issue for the next couple of years and I reckon he'll walk away from the spot after that anyway.

I doubt he'd be getting too many wildcards at the moment. He's barely played and his ranking was ok up until a few months ago.

It's not an issue for the next couple of years and I reckon he'll walk away from the spot after that anyway.
He could play exhibition matches or doubles?

Does more for charity than most people could dream of, Ron gets a bad rap because he's so driven to be the best.

Lance Armstrong also did a lot for charity.

Ronaldo is a great player, one of the best ever.

He’s also an unlikeable, arrogant, self absorbed twat.

Doubt I’m the only person who thinks that.

Back