Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Tactical move by tennis Australia putting Sakkari and Tsitsipas on at the same time. The Greek fans won't be able to get to Maria's game all the support will be with Tsitsipas, thus making the crowd vs Barty a lot less vocal and a lot less pro-Sakkari.

Verdasco v Cilic could be another match to watch, could potentially go 4 or 5

Tactical move by tennis Australia putting Sakkari and Tsitsipas on at the same time. The Greek fans won't be able to get to Maria's game all the support will be with Tsitsipas, thus making the crowd vs Barty a lot less vocal and a lot less pro-Sakkari.
Also putting them on the showcourts should get rid of a few of them

Depending on the courts Maria and Stefanos play, if the Greeks were smart (the ones that chant aren't exactly intellectuals) they'd support Sakkari first and then head over to Tsitsipas in the 3rd or 4th set.

3.12am finish and only 250 spectators left to see it, but the Konta v Muguruza clash has been declared the best women's match of the tournament so far.

Big night for De Minaur. Hopefully Dimitrov doesn't expel too much energy and expresses past Fabbiano.

Agree with others that the Tsitispas and Sakkari scheduling is interesting to minimise the crowd influence!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What is the weather like in Melbourne today? Google says mid morning thunderstorm but cleared by 11am?

Thought the same, they don't want a big Greek following at the barty v maria match.

The Greek fans should just split up, half of them attend the Maria match and the other fans support Tsistipas

Thought the same, they don't want a big Greek following at the barty v maria match.

The Greek fans should just split up, half of them attend the Maria match and the other fans support Tsistipas

They should have arranged the fanatics and the Greek fans seating at the same row side by side :D.

3.12am finish and only 250 spectators left to see it, but the Konta v Muguruza clash has been declared the best women's match of the tournament so far.

If no one saw it, did it really exist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange news for day 5:
Nick Kyrgios will be in the commentary box with Woodbridge and Courier during the Federer v Fritz match today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back