Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 5)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day 5 and it is the last day you get any real singles value out of a ground pass. All singles matches are below. I really want an MCA ticket as I think the 5 on RLA will be one-sided. Great weather for the next 6 days btw.

Melbourne Forecast.
Temp Max- 23
Sun followed by some clouds
No rain

Rod Laver Arena
Barty (1) v Rybakina (29)
Wang (27) v Williams (8)
Nishioka v Djokovic (2)

NIGHT
Osaka (3) v Gauff
Millman v Federer (3)

Margaret Court Arena
Schwartzman (14) v Lajovic (24)
Alexandrova (25) v Kvitova (7)
Keys (10) v Sakkari

NIGHT
Tsitsipas (6) v Raonic (32)
Zhang v Kenin (14)

Melbourne Arena
Hewitt/Thompson Doubles
Jabeur v Wozniacki
Cilic v Agut (9)
Pella (22) v Fognini (12)

1573 Arena
Doubles
Fucsovics v Paul
3PM
Riske (18) v Goerges
Sandgren v Querrey

The Rest

Fed and Novak will hog the main arena on this side of the draw with boring one-sided matches but good luck to Millman. Guy deserves our support and has shocked Fed once. The better matches will be elsewhere. Personally, the drama of 2 unseeded players trying to get into a 4th round is much more interesting. Add in some quality matches(Agut/Cilic/below) and it should be another epic day of mens tennis.

I don't think Hobart Champ Rybakina is ready to beat Barty, who will pick apart her game. Osaka will be way too good. Kvitova might be primed for an upset but overall, it is an uninspiring batch of women matches TBH. Lacks the punch like the men's side has today.

My Match of the day
Tsitsipas (6) v Raonic (32)
Another game for MILOS!!! Looks good on paper but have to hope Raonic plays above his current ranking.

Been a weird tournament for Serena so far, even against easier opponents the first two rounds she looked disengaged. If you’re having to scream at yourself over and over just to get yourself into the match then you’re already in trouble.

Good hope she loses I’m over hearing about her being a mum

Back