Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah what? Literally the most humble sports person you could get
Really now? Didn't look like it considering he should have got a warning for communicating with his box (which he did more times than I could count), and the "hehe, I'm gonna win this one for sure" look on his face.

I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break, I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break, I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break, I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break, I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break, I will not go on a rant about the Super Duper Match tie break,

God, just feels flat that end. God, I hate the Super Duper match tiebreak. just think if Fed Safin ended like that all those years ago. Just not the same.
They're morons. They got what the USO do, and made it worse. If they didn't do it, they probably wouldn't even consider it.

So disappointed :( I never got to see the match where Millman beat Federer at the US Open so really wanted to see him win this.

To all who think he choked, you try playing a fifth set tiebreaker against Federer and see how you go. If Federer had lost would he have choked?

Really now? Didn't look like it considering he should have got a warning for communicating with his box (which he did more times than I could count), and the "hehe, I'm gonna win this one for sure" look on his face.
Haha are you a body language expert? I highly doubt at any point in this match did he feel like a win was guaranteed. He’s the definition of a tennis battler who just happens to match up well on the GOAT, in now way did he display any sort of arrogance tonight.

How is first to 10 points the same as missing 1 kick?
Because each point is different and a huge turning point in the match (like a spot kick), which is very different to how the rest of the game is played. Must win by 2 games per set, deuce etc. Its really shows who the better player is. Not being decided on individual points where one could potentially come off the net and turn the entire game

Smug look my arse, all in your head

It's not Federer it's the moronic plebs who fanatically follow him despite playing against a fellow countrymen. It's why I'll never watch the guy live as I wouldn't be able to control my anger with all the idiots around me.
I've seen it first hand. It's worse being at the stadium than it is watching it on TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should tennis fans blindly support the Australian players? I guarantee most people there have spent a lot time and effort following Federer’s career than Millman’s. Even if you want to support the Australian supporting one of your favourite tennis players isn’t easy to just turn off.

Fantastic contest, sadly finished with a ridiculous match tiebreak. Millman did everything he could until just before the very end. Having a crack at him at this point is just disrespectful. Federer did well to fight til the end, despite being unable to bring his a game. Millman style challenges him that's for sure.

More evidence that we are a mini USA on display at RLA tonight.

They're morons. They got what the USO do, and made it worse. If they didn't do it, they probably wouldn't even consider it.
It is so so so stupid.

Fine, you want to prevent John Isner failing in tennis and being unable to return serve. Do what Wimbledon did and it is the best of both worlds. And then we wouldn't have 4 DIFFERENT WAYS TO FINISH A GOD DAMN MATCH IN THE 4 GRAND SLAMS!!!!!!!!!!! THE FACT THAT JIM AND TODD HAD TO REPEAT THAT IT WAS FIRST TO 10 SHOWCASES, COUNTLESS TIMES SHOWS THAT THE CASUAL AS NO BLOODY CHANCE ABOUT KNOWING HOW A MATCH WILL END, ETC THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE WOMENS SIDE OF THINGS. THEY NEVER EVER GO STUPIDITY LONG AND IF THEY DO, THEY ARE EPICS, LIKE HALEP v DAVIS, KERBER v HALEP, HALEP v ANYMORE

let me just state this, if Wimbledon were idiots and did what we did, then Federer would never have had a chance served it out at 8-7, which was the most memorable part of last years final. We all remember that part. We missed out on that tonight.......

So much for not going on a rant.

It is so so so stupid.

Fine, you want to prevent John Isner failing in tennis and being unable to return serve. Do what Wimbledon did and it is the best of both worlds. And then we wouldn't have 4 DIFFERENT WAYS TO FINISH A GOD DAMN MATCH IN THE 4 GRAND SLAMS!!!!!!!!!!! THE FACT THAT JIM AND TODD HAD TO REPEAT THAT IT WAS FIRST TO 10 SHOWCASES, COUNTLESS TIMES SHOWS THAT THE CASUAL AS NO BLOODY CHANCE ABOUT KNOWING HOW A MATCH WILL END, ETC THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE WOMENS SIDE OF THINGS. THEY NEVER EVER GO STUPIDITY LONG AND IF THEY DO, THEY ARE EPICS, LIKE HALEP v DAVIS, KERBER v HALEP, HALEP v ANYMORE

let me just state this, if Wimbledon were idiots and did what we did, then Federer would never have had a chance served it out at 8-7, which was the most memorable part of last years final. We all remember that part. We missed out on that tonight.......

So much for not going on a rant.
We speak the same language BobbyMorri and 100% agree on the women's side. The number of matches that go beyond 12-12 was insanely low!

Absolutely disgraceful crowd.

I feel gutted for John tonight.
Why?

Aren't people allowed to cheer a clutch match point?

I think it's pushing it a bit if you're suggesting the cheering is all for Federer when in fact, they were cheering an awesome game of tennis.

Watching the match, there was plenty of cheering for Millman when he had his chances and took them. It's not as one-sided as people are suggesting here; you're just disappointed he lost, which is fair enough.

So disappointed :( I never got to see the match where Millman beat Federer at the US Open so really wanted to see him win this.

To all who think he choked, you try playing a fifth set tiebreaker against Federer and see how you go. If Federer had lost would he have choked?
None of us would win a point against Federer, but we also aren't 13-year veterans of the professional tennis circuit.

what a dumb, wussy comment. the guy *in choked. he was 8-4 up and was playing magical, confident tennis.

next time I see a s**t movie, should I hold my complaint in because I probably can't direct a Hollywood blockbuster? what a lame post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back