nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
I'm already yearning for someone to shout that Novak's a flog.

It was a really interesting study in sociology tonight - what we saw in between Kyrgios anyway - as Novak somehow became a lightning rod for everyone's anger and devastation about the lockdown. I say "somehow"... because the people in attendance are tennis fans, booing Novak because he publicly stated that players coming out here deserved better.

It seems a bit incongruent that, if you're at the AO, presumably you're happy it went ahead - to then booing him as though he's a representative of this tournament that now seems trivial folly and unnecessary opulence in the scale of lockdowns and people being unable to get home. I don't think the peanut gallery were aware that the tennis quarantine had nothing to do with the outbreak. (Although the notion that it's safe for kids to attend the tennis to work as child labour, but it's not safe for them to attend school is ridiculous.)

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I think Andrews cleared this up before.

There are only 4 reasons you can leave your home. Entertainment is not one of them. So even if you are within 5km of the stadium, you cannot be there.
You can be exercising on the lawn watching the big screen ;)

But still the 11:30 kick out was stupid, it assumes everyone is 35+ minutes from home because there is no law saying you must be at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Yep no problems either. Contract tracing here is amazing though. We are used to signing in.
I haven't signed in anywhere except at cricket, because our cricket teams can set up qr codes much quicker than the Victorian government could.

If Covid is actually as rife as they say, why would I want to use the same pen 100 other people have used already? At least at the cricket nets who were using pen and paper they had a heap of pens and a clean and dirty pile.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I haven't signed in anywhere except at cricket, because our cricket teams can set up qr codes much quicker than the Victorian government could.

If Covid is actually as rife as they say, why would I want to use the same pen 100 other people have used already? At least at the cricket nets who were using pen and paper they had a heap of pens and a clean and dirty pile.
Oh I just sign in because everyone else does in Sydney but that doesn’t mean I agree with all the things governments have done. Glad in NSW it’s relatively normal

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Yeah you are right, he is the 11th alternate for Rotterdam, it is a high cutoff of 34 with Nishikora and Sinner already with Wildcards. I am sure he could get the third Wildcard though.

He signs up for alot of events though and pulls out. Who knows maybe he will leave and stay on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad