Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Victoria has the best Premier in Australia though. He is keeping us all safe.

We flattened the curve in April
If their contact tracing can't keep up now.... they better steal the NSW people as theirs is the true gold standard. Daniel Andrews is a four eyed fraud.

I'm already yearning for someone to shout that Novak's a flog.

It was a really interesting study in sociology tonight - what we saw in between Kyrgios anyway - as Novak somehow became a lightning rod for everyone's anger and devastation about the lockdown. I say "somehow"... because the people in attendance are tennis fans, booing Novak because he publicly stated that players coming out here deserved better.

It seems a bit incongruent that, if you're at the AO, presumably you're happy it went ahead - to then booing him as though he's a representative of this tournament that now seems trivial folly and unnecessary opulence in the scale of lockdowns and people being unable to get home. I don't think the peanut gallery were aware that the tennis quarantine had nothing to do with the outbreak. (Although the notion that it's safe for kids to attend the tennis to work as child labour, but it's not safe for them to attend school is ridiculous.)

I think Andrews cleared this up before.

There are only 4 reasons you can leave your home. Entertainment is not one of them. So even if you are within 5km of the stadium, you cannot be there.

You can be exercising on the lawn watching the big screen ;)

But still the 11:30 kick out was stupid, it assumes everyone is 35+ minutes from home because there is no law saying you must be at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSW had over 100 active cases and the cricket went ahead with crowds and like every other sporting event in the last 12 months in Australia, no transmission occurred!!!

Yep no problems either. Contract tracing here is amazing though. We are used to signing in.

Yep no problems either. Contract tracing here is amazing though. We are used to signing in.

I haven't signed in anywhere except at cricket, because our cricket teams can set up qr codes much quicker than the Victorian government could.

If Covid is actually as rife as they say, why would I want to use the same pen 100 other people have used already? At least at the cricket nets who were using pen and paper they had a heap of pens and a clean and dirty pile.

Media won't be there?
I assume they will. Workers at the Open are deemed essential so still all systems go on that front.

Though it is quite amusing watching multiple security guards on court watching an empty crowd.

Any predictions for this match? I think Djokovic will get over the line but Fritz looks real good.

Novak isn’t winning and I love the bloke

Either way he’s gone for the tournament. Not beating Thiem or Rafa half fit or Mededev

I haven't signed in anywhere except at cricket, because our cricket teams can set up qr codes much quicker than the Victorian government could.

If Covid is actually as rife as they say, why would I want to use the same pen 100 other people have used already? At least at the cricket nets who were using pen and paper they had a heap of pens and a clean and dirty pile.

Oh I just sign in because everyone else does in Sydney but that doesn’t mean I agree with all the things governments have done. Glad in NSW it’s relatively normal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back