Australian Open Day 6

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes someone overrated? They can't all be Nadal, Federer and djokovic.
People who say they're the next big thing in tennis (ie. the next Federer), and have shown little to suggest that they will. Been hearing for months about current gen taking over from those three players you mentioned, so far crickets.

The thing I hate about the love for Federer is that they are waiting for him with ads instead of going to Berdych v. Del Potro. I felt like other players they would cross over.

Maybe I'm imagining things.

Well done Kerber, good win :thumbsu:

Interesting how people take exception to other women who shriek and Kerber gets off scot free.

I don't like any of the shrieking but Sharapova's is louder than all of them except perhaps Azarenka. I went outside to water the garden and could still hear her :eek:

People who say they're the next big thing in tennis (ie. the next Federer), and have shown little to suggest that they will. Been hearing for months about current gen taking over from those three players you mentioned, so far crickets.
The baby fed tag was put on Dimitrov early, but I don't think many have rated him as taking over the named 3. He has a good game, but taken a while to reach his best.

The ATP have talked up and hyped the next gen because they know they need to get their names out there once the 3 have retired. Zverev is 21, he has the tools to make deep runs at slams, just needs to get better mentally and physically.

LOL calls Chung a nobody "Oh but he's #44 in the world and only won one tourny". You just underrated a guy the exact way same way you bagged people for overrating another guy :oops:
I'm not underrating him at all by calling him a nobody (in relative terms). It's a fact that his profile is no where near as big as the other young players. Not exactly rocket surgery here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The baby fed tag was put on Dimitrov early, but I don't think many have rated him as taking over the named 3. He has a good game, but taken a while to reach his best.

The ATP have talked up and hyped the next gen because they know they need to get their names out there once the 3 have retired. Zverev is 21, he has the tools to make deep runs at slams, just needs to get better mentally and physically.

I think the ATP should be promoting the next gen because one day the top 3 will retire, and the game needs to have some new names out there. Otherwise, they dont want to lose their audience. And, the same goes for the women's side.

Meanwhile ch7 and 7mate are showing us the same doubles match..uhh

It’s the mental part that hurts Zverev. Considering the way he acts off court from what I’ve seen, he really needs to adjust his attitude otherwise he won’t get far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back