Australian Open Day 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was great having three former pro and successful tennis players commentating tonight. Only been 1000 years but channel 7 might be finally cottoning on thats what the public wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was almost perfection tonight. Get rid of rasheed and you have the perfect commentary team for the Australian open.

Whatever they are paying Woody, double it. He offers so much and can leave the special comments type stuff for Courier, etc. and call the match if required. Really underrated.

I didn’t like him previously but he’s been great. The whole coverage of the tournament has had a new lease of life with Bruce not there. I’d like to see Gibbo take Basil’s place but, and Rob Koenig doing the big matches.

It was almost perfection tonight. Get rid of rasheed and you have the perfect commentary team for the Australian open.

Rasheed is comedy gold though! A former world 192 telling us how Federer and Nadal should be playing is hilarious!

Kyrgios is a flog end ofstory. So much talent going to waste. Tomic 2.0
Shame he is over the hill at 22 years of age and peaked years ago.

Correspondingly it just baffles the mind how those dinosaurs in Fed and Rafa keep on winning slams at their age. Perplexing.

Ah yes, Poch! Thank you so much, has been bugging me all night!

As soon as I saw him I had the sudden urge to watch Tottenham play tonight/this morning even though I am a Man Utd supporter and then I'm like ah * this guy is Pochettino all over just a few years younger haha!

Don’t mind “Kamal” Rasheed. He’s worked with/been fired by a lot of players and has good insight. Met him down my local tennis club a little while back - he’s a down to earth bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your a flog, stick to footy if you don’t understand tennis. Kyrgios is completely different to Tomic because he actually shows heart when he plays and he has great fighting spirit. The fact that your implying Nick should have beaten Grigor is ridiculous.

I never said he should have won. It was a given he was going to lose.

Dimitrov beating Kyrgios has actually helped Federer's and Nadal's chances of winning the Aus Open. I believe that Kyrgios would have beaten Nadal easily in the semi final (assuming both beat their quarterfinal opponents). The way I saw Kyrgios play today, was so close to invincible especially with his serving. Dimitrov played a phenomenal match to get across the line.

Dimitrov beating Kyrgios has actually helped Federer's and Nadal's chances of winning the Aus Open. I believe that Kyrgios would have beaten Nadal easily in the semi final (assuming both beat their quarterfinal opponents). The way I saw Kyrgios play today, was so close to invincible especially with his serving. Dimitrov played a phenomenal match to get across the line.

Roger and Rafa both would have destroyed Kyrgios in rallies. As you said, his serving was unreal but he’s still way too reliant on it.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Svitolina make it all the way to the finals. She's looked good this whole tournament, although she hasn't faced that great of competition to get to the QF

Was a cakewalk draw for her but you still have to win the matches. Wozniaki will be a tough semi.

As much as it was a great games Nicks BH still gets on my nerves, I bring this up every year. Sometimes he pushes, sometimes he drives, occasionally it just floats. He lost the tiebreak because he can't serve all the time. He had 26 more groundstroke errors than Dimitrov for the game, I wouldn't say it was clutch or nerves, just Dimitrov was better on the day.

As much as it was a great games Nicks BH still gets on my nerves, I bring this up every year. Sometimes he pushes, sometimes he drives, occasionally it just floats. He lost the tiebreak because he can't serve all the time. He had 26 more groundstroke errors than Dimitrov for the game, I wouldn't say it was clutch or nerves, just Dimitrov was better on the day.

Thought Nick played more defensively than usual most of the time, not sure what the strategy was there against someone like Dimitrov. Agree re the tiebreakers, when they came around I would have been more strongly favouring Dimitrov except he was throwing in some poor serving every now and again, in the end it was good enough to get him over the line though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back