Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 7

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Can't see how Novak loses now unless injury.....

Nice to Tsitipas break through, not as big as the Millman win at the US open but still pretty big. ;)
Yep I had joker from the get go, as did many. Nadal's looking supreme atm though. But I'm sticking with the Joker.

Class act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
imo Stephens is a dark horse here.

Probably imo the 3rd most likely to win this whole thing

Jcpdragonx

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
His brain will explode when they play with the lights yet again

Ohh Rebecca Maddern is looking delcious right now

And LOL at the fairweather fans leaving RLA right now!
Last two times I went to AO I didnt even bother watching womens, watched 2-3 full days worth of mens, couldnt be bothered watching the womens on RLA, went to a showcourt instead. Don't mind womens on TV but mens live is far better in both quality and atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Well seems like this tournament is a coming out party for the next generation of players. Tiafoe, Tsitsipas, De Minaur, Popyrin, Medvedev, Coric, Fritz, Shapovalov etc. all with good showings... They're coming!
The pattern seems to be : young gun shocks the pack, then flops. On both the men and women game. So get ready for an underwhelming Roland Garros from the next gen. (Like Rafa is ever gonna lose it anyway)

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
All fans jump on bandwagons. I bet half the Greeks who live in Melbourne don't watch a lot of tennis other than GS as well as other players. Personally I couldn't stand a Novak v Rafa final. I'll be out that night anyway.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Federer would have beaten both Nadal and Novak in my opinion.
Nadal has gone away and worked on improving aspects of his game because he knows Federer and Djokovic has the wood on him. He isn't concerned about anyone else. With those changes Federer has a different proposition to deal with which he won't be able to counter now. We won't have a big 3 much longer it will be the big 2 for I think another 2 years. Still well and truly the best in the business.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Thread starter #815
Federer vs djokovic are often classics, as with nadal vs Federer. But the djokovic vs nadal match up has been a bit of a grindfest in the past.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
The pattern seems to be : young gun shocks the pack, then flops. On both the men and women game. So get ready for an underwhelming Roland Garros from the next gen. (Like Rafa is ever gonna lose it anyway)
Give Novak SOME chance at the French, do repeat some. Plus RBA- that's his surface.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Federer vs djokovic are often classics, as with nadal vs Federer. But the djokovic vs nadal match up has been a bit of a grindfest in the past.
The 2012 final was unbelievably epic, stands atop the tree with the Nadal v verdasco semi from 2009 as the best matches ever at the Australian open.

Top Bottom