Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Federer would have beaten both Nadal and Novak in my opinion.

Not at 37 he wouldn't have. Needed luck with the draw, and Federer didn't get it. I'll say it again, doubt he wins another Slam with Novak back to full fitness and these new stars coming through.

Can't see how Novak loses now unless injury.....

Nice to Tsitipas break through, not as big as the Millman win at the US open but still pretty big. ;)
Yep I had joker from the get go, as did many. Nadal's looking supreme atm though. But I'm sticking with the Joker.

Class act.

All of a sudden I wish Federer was still in.

A Djokovic vs Nadal final is one that I am not interested in....

I would be happy enough with that final, have tickets to the final.

imo Stephens is a dark horse here.

Probably imo the 3rd most likely to win this whole thing

His brain will explode when they play with the lights yet again

Ohh Rebecca Maddern is looking delcious right now

And LOL at the fairweather fans leaving RLA right now!

Last two times I went to AO I didnt even bother watching womens, watched 2-3 full days worth of mens, couldnt be bothered watching the womens on RLA, went to a showcourt instead. Don't mind womens on TV but mens live is far better in both quality and atmosphere.

RBA hasn't lost a match yet this year.

Beat Djokovic in Qatar. Anything is possible.

Djokovic is a different cattle of fish over 5 sets than 3.

Well seems like this tournament is a coming out party for the next generation of players. Tiafoe, Tsitsipas, De Minaur, Popyrin, Medvedev, Coric, Fritz, Shapovalov etc. all with good showings... They're coming!

The pattern seems to be : young gun shocks the pack, then flops. On both the men and women game. So get ready for an underwhelming Roland Garros from the next gen. (Like Rafa is ever gonna lose it anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fans jump on bandwagons. I bet half the Greeks who live in Melbourne don't watch a lot of tennis other than GS as well as other players. Personally I couldn't stand a Novak v Rafa final. I'll be out that night anyway.

Federer would have beaten both Nadal and Novak in my opinion.
Nadal has gone away and worked on improving aspects of his game because he knows Federer and Djokovic has the wood on him. He isn't concerned about anyone else. With those changes Federer has a different proposition to deal with which he won't be able to counter now. We won't have a big 3 much longer it will be the big 2 for I think another 2 years. Still well and truly the best in the business.

The pattern seems to be : young gun shocks the pack, then flops. On both the men and women game. So get ready for an underwhelming Roland Garros from the next gen. (Like Rafa is ever gonna lose it anyway)

Give Novak SOME chance at the French, do repeat some. Plus RBA- that's his surface.

Federer vs djokovic are often classics, as with nadal vs Federer. But the djokovic vs nadal match up has been a bit of a grindfest in the past.
The 2012 final was unbelievably epic, stands atop the tree with the Nadal v verdasco semi from 2009 as the best matches ever at the Australian open.

You never know. Plenty of people would not have expected Tsitsipas to beat Federer today. Anything can happen...

Happy to be proven wrong. The only one I didn't want winning is Federer so now don't really mind who wins!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back