• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day 6 wasnt memorable. We had a couple of long matches at the start of the day but nothing shocking like day 5 or outstanding, not yet anyway. (edit, hey Cilic)

Weather. Sunny 34C. It has been very consistent and quite hot. It will stay that way. Thankfully, not in the 40C. Could have some summer storms Wednesday-Friday.
Rod Laver Arena
11am
Badosa-Keys
Krejcikova-Azarenka
Nadal-Mannarino
7pm
Barty-Anisimova
Berrettini-Carreño

Margaret Court Arena
1pm
Pegula-Sakkari
3pm
Shapovalov-Zverev

John Cena Arena
6.30pm
Monfils-Kecmanovic

So many tasty matches. I will just do RLA but Shapovalov-Zverev is outstanding. Badosa Keys will have balls smashed and it also sees the winner of Sydney play the winner of Adelaide(2). Badosa is a real dark horse. The next match sees 2 other inform players in another fantastic match(Krejcikova for me but damn). Then Nadal should see off Mannarino quickly which will allow the night session to start on time. Berrettini-Carreño isn't bad as well. Honestly, on the girls side, they could nearly all be semi finals, such is the quality of the players and match-ups.

Match of the day
Barty-Anisimova is a rematch of the 2019 French Semi. I am a huge fan of Darren Cahills work and Anisimova is going to have a very good year. I think Barty but if Anisimova brings it, watch out. Anisimova hits it big and can take the match away. It happened in that French Semi, where Barty went 5-0 up in 15 mins to lose the first set 7-6(and be 2-0 in the 2nd). Of course, she won in the end. Barty in 3 super tight sets.

Kecmanovic vs. [17] Monfils
[19] Carreño Busta vs. [7] Berrettini
[3] Zverev vs. [14] Shapovalov
[6] Nadal vs. Mannarino
--------------------------------
[32] De Minaur vs [11] Sinner
[20] Fritz vs. [4] Tsitsipas
[5] Rublev vs. [27] Cilic vs.[9] Auger-Aliassime (edit later)
Cressy vs.[2] Medvedev
[27] Collins vs. [19] Mertens
[14] Halep vs. Cornet
[7] Swiatek vs. Cirstea vs. [10] Pavlyuchenkova
Kanepi vs. [2] Sabalenka
-----------------------------------
[1] Barty vs. Anisimova
[21] Pegula vs. [5] Sakkari
[4] Krejcikova vs.[24] Azarenka
Keys vs. [8] Badosa

Very wary of Anisimova. Always had the game, as evidenced by her success at such a young age, but seems to be putting it together again. Ash won't have it all her way like she has so far, she just needs to be careful it never gets away from her. This current version of Barty should be favoured against just about anyone though, so I'll back her in.

Badosa struggling time here. When Keys is on, not many can go shot for shot with her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been for decades, no matter what he's doing. Friends in high places.
He wouldn't be alone in that.
Many people have survived in key jobs not because of their ability to do the job, but having friends in high places
Some people have avoided court appearances and prison for the the same reason, having friends in high places

Its a blight on the game how easy it is to manipulate momentum in this sport.
The ATP's introduced the Tsitsipas rule to stop ridiculous bathroom breaks, time to do the same for MTOs.
good.jpg

Back