Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 8, Monday)

Nadal (1) v Kyrgios (23)

• Nadal (1) in 3

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Nadal (1) in 4

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Nadal (1) in 5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Kyrgios (23) in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyrgios (23) in 4

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Kyrgios (23) in 5

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Halep looks a way more rounded and capable player than Barty did last night.

Fluctuations in form can do that to ant player. I have seen Halep look like a B Grade pennant player at times. Barty is way off the boil at the moment and probably won't turn it around to win this but when her serve is working everything works for her. At the moment it is not and the unforced errors will be the deciding factor in her demise not a player being more capable. 90-95 % of Barty's best could have the rest of this field covered but sadly she is miles off it. Ability she is as capable and rounded as any women's player atm but mentally I have my doubts unfortunately.

Fluctuations in form can do that to ant player. I have seen Halep look like a B Grade pennant player at times. Barty is way off the boil at the moment and probably won't turn it around to win this but when her serve is working everything works for her. At the moment it is not and the unforced errors will be the deciding factor in her demise not a player being more capable. 90-95 % of Barty's best could have the rest of this field covered but sadly she is miles off it. Ability she is as capable and rounded as any women's player atm but mentally I have my doubts unfortunately.

Take last nights match out and is Barry’s form that bad? She smacked her other opponents and just won Adelaide.

Riske is a very tough opponent, who get you to play extra balls. Wouldn’t read too much into that one she makes players look worse than they are all the time

Take last nights match out and is Barry’s form that bad? She smacked her other opponents and just won Adelaide.

Riske is a very tough opponent, who get you to play extra balls. Wouldn’t read too much into that one she makes players look worse than they are all the time

She has battled through Imo. Not even a glimpse of the form second part of last year. Her form in wins in crack fields like Miami, French and Season ending 6 Mil WTA Event seems miles away. It is her first service that dictates her fortunes imo and its off. Its on and so is her whole game. Kvitova looked horrible first set yesterday and managed to find her best form in the next 2. I doubt Barty's current form will turn around. She did dig in last night which was good but the unforced errors were terrible. Agree on Riske though. She is as dogged as they come and will drag you down until you submit. Her attitude is an ability that can beat anyone if they are not mentally tough enough to answer the challenge she puts to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nadal is going to have a Spanish feast tonight. And he will season it with the tears of Kyrgios.

Nadal will win easy, Kyrgios is every chance to retire. Nadal can win it two ways, on the scoreboard or just by keeping Kyrgios out there.

No real knock on Kyrgios, the big three are miles better than the rest.

Back