Australian Open Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Excited to see how Chung and Kerber go. Fairly and squarely beat Zverev but if past upsets are anything to go by, Chung will struggle to replicate that result, especially against Djokovic on his favourite surface.

Kerber is by far the best woman left on tour, and a third major suddenly puts her in an entirely different league. She probably has the easiest match-up of all the women tomorrow as well.

Keys - Garcia (Garcia in 3) MotD
Osaka - Halep (Osaka in 2)
Hsieh - Kerber (Kerber in 2)
Pliskova - Strycova (Pliskova in 2) should be heated

Mens
Flognini (25) - Berdych (19) in 4
Fucsovics - Federer (2) in 3
Thiem (5) - Sandgren in 4
Djokovic (14) - Chung in 4

Osaka could trouble Halep, especially how different their last matches went down

Have Osaka almost the favourite. Jeez what a missed opportunity from Barty, she was just flat out poor against Osaka.

I'll tip Halep in 3, but no confidence. Won't shock me if Halep is as flat as can be and loses in straight sets.

Have Osaka almost the favourite. Jeez what a missed opportunity from Barty, she was just flat out poor against Osaka.

I'll tip Halep in 3, but no confidence. Won't shock me if Halep is as flat as can be and loses in straight sets.
Osaka has the potential to do anything.

and i mean good and bad. still so very young

Keys - Garcia (Garcia in 3) MotD
Osaka - Halep (Osaka in 2)
Hsieh - Kerber (Kerber in 2)
Pliskova - Strycova (Pliskova in 2) should be heated

Mens
Flognini (25) - Berdych (19) in 4
Fucsovics - Federer (2) in 3
Thiem (5) - Sandgren in 4
Djokovic (14) - Chung in 4

Pliskova v Strycova will be interesting especially after the coaching drama lol

Osaka was always going to beat Barty in my eyes. She’s like a mini Serena and unless you have a dynamic game, that Serena style can literally blast an opponent off the court. Halep’s better prepared to face that style of play than Barty but whether she can handle it or not is another matter

No idea how Thiem will go against Sandgren and that worries me. :huh:

I would not be surprised if Chung wins in 5.

Seeds out - Day 7

(10) Pablo Carreno Busta - 2,615 - Defending 90 - Gains 90 - 2,705
(17) Nick Kyrgios - 2,260 - Defending 45 - Gains 135 - 2,395
(19) Magdalena Rybarikova - 2,141 - Defending 0 - Gains 240 - 2,381
(24) Diego Schwartzman - 1,675 - Defending 45 - Gains 135 - 1,810
(32) Anett Kontaveit - 1,560 - Defending 10 - Gains 230 - 1,790

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea how Thiem will go against Sandgren and that worries me. :huh:

I would not be surprised if Chung wins in 5.

Chung will be lucky to get a set. Zverev was beyond awful. Novak won’t go to water like Zverev did.

Wouldn't mind Chung winning. Dude is top 10 material so I want him to move as far up the rankings as he can.

I think the guard is changing slowly and I worry that grigor only has a couple of years to win a slam or two. Rublev, Zverev, Kyrgios, Chung and a few others are all starting win tournaments or at least push the older players in big matches. Zverev and Kyrgios need to get their mentality 100% on the game as that's their biggest demon right now. The other two need to be a bit more consistent as their rankings show. Really interesting period for the sport.

So out of Keys, Kerber, Pliskova and Halep, which one of them is going to disappoint?

I think Halep is most likely but Pliskova and Keys also have tough match ups

If Halep does lose I’ll cut her some slack. Always tough coming back after a marathon match the round before.

So out of Keys, Kerber, Pliskova and Halep, which one of them is going to disappoint?

I think Halep is most likely but Pliskova and Keys also have tough match ups

I think Osaka can cause an upset, Halep played a long match on Saturday and had some ankle soreness - so probably not 100%

Keys V Garcia - no idea who will win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back