Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJay_S

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Got the ATP rule book in front of me.

What was the code violation for? Surely not racquet abuse... Can't see it meeting that definition.

JayJay_S

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Nadal is easy? Are you drunk?

That will be 3-4 hours very tough tennis.

Raonic is playing amazing tennis too. Novak will be hoping he loses before the semi.
Nadal is easy for Novak on a non-clay court.

Not a match that I am interested in watching... Boring, boring. Federer would have been more of a challenge for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Nadal is easy for Novak on a non-clay court.

Not a match that I am interested in watching... Boring, boring. Federer would have been more of a challenge for him.
No he wouldn’t have been. Novak has been taking Fed to the cleaners since halfway through last year.

All the games are interesting. Some new guys coming through, Raonic coming back from a long layoff.

The next generation will start breaking through more in 12 months

JayJay_S

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
All my favourites lost on the Mens side today.
- Zverev, Medvedev, Coric, and Carreno Busta.

Doesn't matter though. Aussie Serena is still in and looking like she can win!! Excellent.

vaughany

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Got the ATP rule book in front of me.

What was the code violation for? Surely not racquet abuse... Can't see it meeting that definition.
It might be this?

Appendix 1 of the Code defines the breach as when "a player violently or with anger, hits, kicks or throws a racquet or other equipment, or in any way unreasonably interferes with any court fixtures and equipment within the precinct".
"For the purposes of this rule abuse of racquets or equipment is defined as intentionally and violently throwing, destroying or damaging racquets or equipment or intentionally and violently hitting the net, court, umpire's chair or other fixture during or after a match out of anger or frustration," it says.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JayJay_S

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
It might be this?

Appendix 1 of the Code defines the breach as when "a player violently or with anger, hits, kicks or throws a racquet or other equipment, or in any way unreasonably interferes with any court fixtures and equipment within the precinct".
"For the purposes of this rule abuse of racquets or equipment is defined as intentionally and violently throwing, destroying or damaging racquets or equipment or intentionally and violently hitting the net, court, umpire's chair or other fixture during or after a match out of anger or frustration," it says.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah that's the rule I saw. Key word throughout is violent. I don't feel that Medvedev was violent with the racquet. So seems harsh to me.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Yeah that's the rule I saw. Key word throughout is violent. I don't feel that Medvedev was violent with the racquet. So seems harsh to me.
You do it often enough the umpire isn’t going to like it. Should have warned him earlier. It’s a part of his game he needs to get better- controlling emotions

JayJay_S

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
You do it often enough the umpire isn’t going to like it. Should have warned him earlier. It’s a part of his game he needs to get better- controlling emotions
Probably should have told him that he didn't like it because it is not caught in the rule book in my opinion. Soft decision.

On an unrelated note, are you supporting Bautista tomorrow?

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Probably should have told him that he didn't like it because it is not caught in the rule book in my opinion. Soft decision.

On an unrelated note, are you supporting Bautista tomorrow?
Don’t really mind who wins that match. Probably rather Tsitsipas get through for the sake of a better semi for Rafa

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
He was losing the point anyway
What would have happened if Nishikori fluffed the shot? Point wouldn’t have been awarded to Busta that’s for sure! Should have been replayed.

The biggest joke here is the linesperson who gave the out call in the first place. That person should not be allowed anywhere near that job. It’s not like the ball was travelling at speed. It lobbed up and slowly dropped on the court. How can they not make the correct call in the first place? Think that might be their last match....

Top Bottom