Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh rafa could definitely get to it and even surpass it. But the h2h is biased with many losses coming on clay, but it's a debate done to death. The poster stated that novak and rafa will be known as greater once they are retired. Simply wrong.
It's not wrong though.

It could conceivably happen.

I've literally just explained how it could. If they chase down his 20 and have superior h2h they could well be considered greater when it's all done.

It was always going to be unfair to someone. The linesman shat the bed. It wasnt even close, nor was it "needed".

I have never been a linesman, never will be. So this is very much as an "expert" talking absolute crap. But surely if there was any doubt there, any at all, you stay silent. I get it, you call it how you see it, and i am talking crap but Kei was going to win the point so why yell out.

It's a hard job to do, highly prone to error.

It's not wrong though.

It could conceivably happen.

I've literally just explained how it could. If they chase down his 20 and have superior h2h they could well be considered greater when it's all done.
If djokovic wins 7 grand slam titles post the age of 31, that would be the most ever won by a player after that age. Sure, it's technically possible. List of things are possible. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Once again the poster stated that at the end of their careers, Novak and rafa will be known as much greater than Federer. I stand by the statement that that is an atrocious call.

Medvedev is a baseline grinder and that's it, is horrible up at net and showing any sort of variety but because his style is slightly unusual it's thrown Novak off a bit. Just needs to up the ante in the rallies does Novak and he should get this done even if it's a little bit tougher than he expected.

I'd say if the game score gets to 10-10 or something in the 5th, then go to a super. Rarely do games get that far anyway.
Wimbledon has got it right. 12-all. It prevents the crazy Isner matches but keeps the tradition of how you meant to finish an epic match(etc winning games). Keeps it fair
It's a hard job to do, highly prone to error.
Yeah. Wouldnt want to be them. I always sit on the baseline when I am watching tennis matches live, and i always get the calls wrong.

In 10 years time, we will have electronic hawk eye line calls. Will be for the better, but we will miss the human element.

If djokovic wins 7 grand slam titles post the age of 31, that would be the most ever won by a player after that age. Sure, it's technically possible. List of things are possible. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Once again the poster stated that at the end of their careers, Novak and rafa will be known as much greater than Federer. I stand by the statement that that is an atrocious call.

If they have more grand slam titles than him then they have a good claim to be

records like total weeks/consecutive weeks at world number 1 means nothing

He only needs 6.

And he said they will be known as the best. It could happen, almost certainly should for Rafa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say if the game score gets to 10-10 or something in the 5th, then go to a super. Rarely do games get that far anyway.
Reckon Wimbledon have it right, tie break at 12-12. But no Tilley and the AO need to be different and introduce what really is a crap way to decide it. Hopefully sh!t like this comes back to bite the administration.

If they have more grand slam titles than him then they have a good claim to be

records like total weeks/consecutive weeks at world number 1 means nothing
Fed fanbois last 10 years "Grand Slam titles is everything h2h doesnt matter he's the greatest."

Now moving on to "H2H and Grand Slams irrelevant, its weeks at number one that count."

Rodger has been an absolute bloody legend for a very long time. It's not blasphemy to suggest players could end up being regarded better than him though.

Imagine Medvedev with kyrgios's power and finesse, would be one hell of a player. It's a shame but I feel like every one of these young blokes is missing some crucial component that you need in order to win a slam. Tsitsipas was very impressive yesterday though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back