Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Reckon Wimbledon have it right, tie break at 12-12. But no Tilley and the AO need to be different and introduce what really is a crap way to decide it. Hopefully sh!t like this comes back to bite the administration.

Didn’t even know that Wimbledon rule, should be a GS global rule. Feedback so far hasn’t been good for the super so hopefully they do something.

He needs 7 to go past Federer.

Gets 2-3 this year that only means he’s 4 behind.

Won’t shock me if Novak gets 18-20 but 21-22 is a push.

Would need to do the unthinkable and beat Rafa on clay

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Learn how to slice Medvedev. Not sure how this guy has got as far as he has without an effective slice. Out of the young guys I don't see him being anymore than a top 20 player only. Doesn't have enough tricks.

Wimbledon has got it right. 12-all. It prevents the crazy Isner matches but keeps the tradition of how you meant to finish an epic match(etc winning games). Keeps it fair

Yeah. Wouldnt want to be them. I always sit on the baseline when I am watching tennis matches live, and i always get the calls wrong.

In 10 years time, we will have electronic hawk eye line calls. Will be for the better, but we will miss the human element.

Nooo, I hope not, that's for Nintendo-wii tennis game not the real one :). The human element adding so much drama to the match, keep it like that please.

So is well and truly just a little bit or a lot in your opinion?
It means the debate is done.

Which it could well be done. It doesnt mean they're much better it just means the arguments dont hold up anymore.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Hewitt and Courier now discussing the PCB/Nishikori incident.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
That should have been a point replay. I don't see how it is not..

It should have been because it affected the point, or at least could have, which is enough to justify a replay.

Yes Busta wasnt getting to it but often what happens is when a ball is called out before the player hits it, often a player is just free to rip the ball without the fear of it going out. Whether or not Nishikori had this mindset, I don't know, but its possible. Its a terrible call for mine.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sometimes what we hear on TV is couple of seconds lagging from the actual play, anyway hopefully this incident will trigger to change the 10 TB rules.

In my view, once an out call is made, regardless of whether the ball was hit or not after it, and it is challenged, it should be reviewed.

They called it out and it was in. Play should have stopped right there.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The stupid thing is that if Carreno Busta did not challenge it, he would have lost the point anyway!! Absolutely appalling.

That's beside the point.

If challenged: Would have lost the point
If not challenged: Would have lost the point.

Should have been a replay of the point with the challenging of the out call.

Disagree I agree with the umpire in this case

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
What's the actual rule with the Nishikori thing? To me the call and the shot (contact being made) were at the exact same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back