Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

He was losing the point anyway
What would have happened if Nishikori fluffed the shot? Point wouldn’t have been awarded to Busta that’s for sure! Should have been replayed.

The biggest joke here is the linesperson who gave the out call in the first place. That person should not be allowed anywhere near that job. It’s not like the ball was travelling at speed. It lobbed up and slowly dropped on the court. How can they not make the correct call in the first place? Think that might be their last match....

re Busta, I am 100% in favour of rules being enforced, but he should have shown some composure.

His behaviour contributed to him losing, it shouldn't have. I do feel for him though.

I'd say if the game score gets to 10-10 or something in the 5th, then go to a super. Rarely do games get that far anyway.
I am a vocal opponent of advantage sets but a final set TB at 6-6 is utterly utterly ridiculous. The least I would support would be a TB at 9-9.

Wimbledon has got it right. 12-all. It prevents the crazy Isner matches but keeps the tradition of how you meant to finish an epic match(etc winning games). Keeps it fair
Agree.

Day 8 Seeds oUT

(1) Simona Halep - 6642 - Defending 1300 - Loses 1060 - New Points: 5582
(4) Alexander Zverev - 6385 - Defending 90 - Gains 90 - New Points: 6475
(11) Borna Coric - 2435 - Defending 10 - Gains 170 - New Points: 2605
(13) Anastasija Sevastova - 3160 - Defending 70 - Gains 170 - New Points: 3330
(15) Danill Medvedev - 1865 - Defending 45 - Gains 135 - New Points: 2000
(17) Madison Keys - 2976 - Defending 430 - Loses 190 - New Points: 2786
(18) Garbine Muguruza - 2865 - Defending 70 - Gains 170 - New Points: 3035
(23) Pablo Carreno Busta - 1705 - Defending 180 - Loses 0 - New Points: 1705

Man PCR, c'mon man.

How many times have you seen the footage? Have you had the advantage of pausing it at the second that the out call is being made?

It is very split second.
So if it is split second , and you agree it is, how does Nishikori then have time to form all these thoughts and reactions you are giving him?

Djokovic & Medvedev were already two of my favourite players before last night, players I respect a great deal, so the bulk of the match last night was very rewarding. That second set in particular, they were just slugging it in endless rallies, both very intelligent on court as well. About half of that match was tennis heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Medvedev will learn a lot from that experience, he wasn't ready to take Djokovic out in BO5, but his level of play would have taken out (and sustained itself) against most of the players left in the draw. Brutal encounter, I think Novak earnt some of the trophy last night.

Special mention to Pouille, was near his best yesterday. Coric was really hanging in there gamely, but Pouille refused to be beaten.

Was surprised to see that sort of reaction from a player like PCB. Frustrating circumstances, but the umpire was correct. 2 set lead and 5th set tiebreak lead, and then that, tricky to handle mentally, and he handled the situation very poorly. Hope he feels better about it today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you being petty?

Yep.

Are you still?

Yep.
Did you say I was wrong?

Yep.

Was I wrong?

Nope.

But by all means keep telling me I'm being petty while initiating in a petty argument with me. It's fun. :D

Did you say I was wrong?

Yep.

Was I wrong?

Nope.

But by all means keep telling me I'm being petty while initiating in a petty argument with me. It's fun. :D
Did I say you were wrong?

It seems you are right about something. I shouldn't get into a petty argument with you as it is very clear I am far less skilled in the art than you.

So if it is split second , and you agree it is, how does Nishikori then have time to form all these thoughts and reactions you are giving him?

I wasn't the one that originally said that he has formed these thoughts and opinions. I went along with the assumption that he did.

Most of you don't read further and just allocate blame as soon as someone mentions something.

Did I say you were wrong?
I assumed when you said I was on the wrong side of semantics you were saying I was wrong.

My apologies if I interpreted your post wrong.

Btw you've come in here, picked one post out of a wider debate I was having with pepsi, one which was actually interesting to me and I'd hazard a guess him to, and started some s**t fight over it. I think you're underestimating your pettiness skills.

I wasn't the one that originally said that he has formed these thoughts and opinions. I went along with the assumption that he did.

Most of you don't read further and just allocate blame as soon as someone mentions something.
It is quite clear. As soon as the umpire started to call out, Nishikori swung his racquet back and quickly hit the ball. That is very bad character on Nishikori's behalf.
If you werent such an arseclown I'd let you go but like a kitten playing with wool I'm amused

I assumed when you said I was on the wrong side of semantics you were saying I was wrong.

My apologies if I interpreted your post wrong.

Btw you've come in here, picked one post out of a wider debate I was having with pepsi, one which was actually interesting to me and I'd hazard a guess him to, and started some s**t fight over it. I think you're underestimating your pettiness skills.

The only one here acting petty is yourself. Might as well put you on block too. Unbelievable.

The only one here acting petty is yourself. Might as well put you on block too. Unbelievable.
Didn't you call me a coward for not quoting you when my post had nothing to do with you?

The Queen of Queen's ascends to her throne

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

serena_medium.gif

The true GOAT of tennis :D

Margaret Court has won 1 more grand slam and unlike Serena won the Calendar grand slam.

Oh why did Monica Seles get stabbed at her peak was the greatest of all time and defeated greater players the Serena ever has Graf at her peak and Navratilova on a regular basis. Monica could of easily dominated the game till about 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back