Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
C'mon Donna.

A quick Donna Vekic story. During the Adelaide tournament last year most of the players just walk from the hotel across the bridge to the courts. I was walking onto the bridge when Donna came around the corner from the hotel and we kind of entered at the same time, there were not that many people around. She had a coupe of people from her team with her walking behind carrying the bags.

She smiled and said how nice the day was and we made brief small talk about Adelaide as we walked across. I was a bit start struck.

Anyway it was a great two minutes of my life if not forgettable for her, in my eyes we were practically dating by the end

Last edited:

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Not feeling the love on this forum for Elise. She has made the semis here before and gone deep elsewhere.

in terms of wins, should would have the most out of any of the other players left in the draw after coming back in lockdown. It wouldn't surprise me if was on top of that list overall. And she is a 2x hobart champion :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sempfy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is reminiscent of Rafa '19 where he looked completely dominant and everyone was like "he's unbeatable in this form" and what happened in the final? Novak destroyed him... the same will happen again this year if they both make the final, even an injured Novak will beat him on a hard court. For this reason (and also the fact he's never won a slam) I'd prefer to see Medvedev make it. At least the result wouldn't be a foregone conclusion.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
This is reminiscent of Rafa '19 where he looked completely dominant and everyone was like "he's unbeatable in this form" and what happened in the final? Novak destroyed him... the same will happen again this year if they both make the final, even an injured Novak will beat him on a hard court.
I don't agree for a couple of reasons:
- Nadal has not wasted any extra energy on court. Hasn't played in the heat. All matches over quickly. Hardly challenged.
- Djokovic is not in the form of 2019, is carrying an injury and I am not sure he will even make the final

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I hope Ch9 make Pegula and Brady the night match on Wednesday. Not sure which one who to pick so I will sit back and watch. Not surprised Brady won but Pegula a minor upset.

I don't mind Rogers so glad she has lost weight and got herself fit. She looks awesome and I don't think she has lost her power either.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
This is reminiscent of Rafa '19 where he looked completely dominant and everyone was like "he's unbeatable in this form" and what happened in the final? Novak destroyed him... the same will happen again this year if they both make the final, even an injured Novak will beat him on a hard court. For this reason (and also the fact he's never won a slam) I'd prefer to see Medvedev make it. At least the result wouldn't be a foregone conclusion.
Rafa has Stefo(most likely) and then a hot Russian. 2019 won't happen. If Nadal makes the final, then he will be up for it, unlike 2019.

4/8 of the Men's quarter finalists have surnames ending with ev

Zverev, Karatsev, Rublev, Medvedev
reminds of of the WTA in the early 2000's

Also, Mertens Killing it.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Wonder what they will do tonight to replace the men's game? Channel Nine won't want the Barty game over to quickly.

Good for Tsitsipas to have a few days off I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back