Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Rublev vs Rune/ADM vs Novak

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting back to up and coming aussies. Gadecki who is 20 is meant to have a lot of potential and is being mentored by Barty.
Watched her opening game which was very impressive. She’s tall too and she’s got a pretty fierce serve on her. Being mentored by Barty is definitely a good thing so hopefully she develops into another terrific player.
L

Watched her opening game which was very impressive. She’s tall too and she’s got a pretty fierce serve on her. Being mentored by Barty is definitely a good thing so hopefully she develops into another terrific player.
L

Yeah hopefully stays injury free from memory has struggled staying fit.

Just because India is becoming close to the world's most populous nation, it doesn't mean anything that those sports are played by many. When was the last Hockey (ummm not field hockey unless u are a Murrican or Canadian) championship won by China? Or a cricket test won by the USA or Russia.

Most of the world don't care about those games. Tp them. like rugby or lawn bowls, they are the relics of the British Empire.
So what your saying soccer is only sport that world cares about so Brazil Argentina Italy Germany best sporting nations. So are those people in India don't count? We are top 5 in basketball also.

Australia is the best country in the Summer Olympics pound for pound.

People forget that Alcaraz and Rune are teenagers and their bodies are still growing and getting use to the demands of the sport. They will have injuries. Rublev had back stress fractures when he was 19 and took him a while to get back. Since then he hasn't had too many.
Rune seems like a spoilt brat I think his mother needs to take a back step and stay at home. But I think she is his manager.

So what your saying

What I'm saying is that 'tiddlywinks' (or sports only really seriously played by a handful of countries) shouldn't be considered as a mark of world domination lol

I think Athletics was judged as one of the most popular sports in Australia a few years back because nearly everyone is capable of walking each day.

I'm loving Storm's hubbie he is so proud of her and he is really enjoying watching her. He looks so young.
Storm is playing some great doubles with Mertens, might take them a couple of tournaments to really gell.
On Shelton I think he has a good chance to go deep at IW and Miami.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving Storm's hubbie he is so proud of her and he is really enjoying watching her. He looks so young.
Storm is playing some great doubles with Mertens, might take them a couple of tournaments to really gell.
On Shelton I think he has a good chance to go deep at IW and Miami.
I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes at IW.

He does? Never knew that. (I assume you mean Kyrgios hates de Minaur).
Couldn't watch tonight, looks like I didn't miss much :$

Was talking about Hewitt. Nick rightly can’t stand the bloke and frankly rightly so. You and I may hate him but Kyrigos is STILL our most likely male player to go deep. Now don’t get me wrong he likely won’t but at least the bloke has weapons, this is as good as Di Minaur ever will be

Krygios doesn't like Hewitt. Probably Hewitt made him do some work.

Well Nick being Nick has reached a Wimbledon final AND had a fantastic 6 months. Was a shame he was injured because he had a draw to do damage this year.

What I'm saying is that 'tiddlywinks' (or sports only really seriously played by a handful of countries) shouldn't be considered as a mark of world domination lol

I think Athletics was judged as one of the most popular sports in Australia a few years back because nearly everyone is capable of walking each day.
It doesn't matter about number of countries what matters is number of competitors in those countries.

Back