Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 9, Tuesday)

Who is going to make the womens Semis

• Barty/Kenin

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Barty/Jabeur

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kvitova/Kenin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kvitova/Jabeur

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Australian Open Day 10 thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ite been 12 years and I know people deep down inside be like... man when will be big 3 dominance stop? On the surface yes they are appreciated. But I think people wouldn't mind fresh blood haha.

I don’t mind it personally. These useless Gen Next can do something for once

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I don’t mind it personally. These useless Gen Next can do something for once
There has been enough Next Gen. Just players like Dimitrov has choked since making a few late stages in majors. Monfils, Tsonga, Del Porto never really got going. Perhaps Zverev and Tsitsipas and Thiem can take that next step.

There has been enough Next Gen. Just players like Dimitrov has choked since making a few late stages in majors. Monfils, Tsonga, Del Porto never really got going. Perhaps Zverev and Tsitsipas and Thiem can take that next step.

Tsitsipas and Thiem the best of that lot

Sempfy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm a massive del Potro fan, such a charismatic and likeable guy. Sucks he's rarely able to get out there due to recurring injuries... Will always have that memorable us open win over Roger though, no one can take that away from him

May 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, New York Jets
Actually think Stan is literally the only small chance, Nadal is playing terribly...and well Fed is flopping sets to nobodies

Nadal playing terribly? Jesus, you're a harsh critic. He's been brilliant all tournament. I agree though that Stan at his absolute best has the best chance of beating Djokovic in his current form.

Nadal playing terribly? Jesus, you're a harsh critic. He's been brilliant all tournament. I agree though that Stan at his absolute best has the best chance of beating Djokovic in his current form.

Ordinary in the ATP Cup and very patchy early rounds and last night. He’s not serving well.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm a massive del Potro fan, such a charismatic and likeable guy. Sucks he's rarely able to get out there due to recurring injuries... Will always have that memorable us open win over Roger though, no one can take that away from him
Injuries have cruelled Delpo's career but he's a great player when he's fit and firing.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Remembered as a young kid when del Potro was hyped as the next big thing after the big 4. Shame injuries destroyed his career really. Thought Stan would reach another gear although he did did win 3 grand slams, which is a pretty big feat in the big 4 era. His one handed backhand was a thing of beauty in his prime.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Is Fabrice Santoro still the coach of Raonic?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hmm, agree to disagree. Lost one set all tournament. I thought he was great last night against a determined Kyrgios. The courts are really slow too, which helps his game.

I’m a huge Nadal fan probably just as much as Novak- actually never care who wins between them. However right now I can’t see it. Hope I’m wrong as I want a competitive final

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Have you ever heard of someone saying the first thing that comes into his head ? Playing terribly ? ****ing ridiculous.

Sempfy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Look what happened last year though, Nadal looked unbeatable until Novak made him look pedestrian in the final... and hasn't won a set off him in the last 19 (or is it 20? whatever)
Have zero faith in Nadal beating him on hard courts anymore

May 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, New York Jets
I’m a huge Nadal fan probably just as much as Novak- actually never care who wins between them. However right now I can’t see it. Hope I’m wrong as I want a competitive final

I don't think he'd win if they do meet in the final either (although there's still a lot of tennis to be played before we even talk about that match up). To say he's playing terribly though is straight up wrong imo. Anyways, moving on.

It's a shame he is injured again. I wonder if he will try and come back or retire?

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Hmm, agree to disagree. Lost one set all tournament. I thought he was great last night against a determined Kyrgios. The courts are really slow too, which helps his game.
Nadal lost to Goffin. In saying that, Nadal was using it as a warm-up so take the results with a pinch of salt.

(thought you were talking about the ATP Cup, so nevermind)

Back