Australian Open Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

CSN is really a slow starter. Seeing her live back a couple of years ago I saw it and it hasn't changed.

Credit to Federer for playing a brand of tennis that can be sustained well into his 30s. He's healthy while the others aren't.

All those years of Djokovic and Rafa playing intensely gruelling defence is eventually catching up to them.

Endless list of tickets available for Thursday night now with Nadal out.

ef9658fe0e2e12dc1038413a8237dc3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much :).

Last edited:
He had to beat Nadal in the last AO final, that's tougher than Murray and Nole
No it isnt, this surface isnt nadal's best surface, djokovic would have probably beaten fed if he was in vintage form at the time. He got a bit lucky against wawrinka in the semi who had him on the ropes in the 5th as well. As i said full credit to him for taking advantage of the situation but he had outside help to get it done.

What a load of s**t. Gods on his side? Nothing about his AO run was luck or fortune. Beating quality opponents (Nishikori and Stan in 5) also beat Berdych on the way to the final against Nadal in which he came back from a break down in the last set to win, hitting outright backhand winners. Neither were his IW/Miami title wins fortunate.. (if you even watch tennis After January) The form he was in last year he’d be fine against Djoker and Murray.

You only play who you are up against. He won Wimbledon without dropping a single set coz he’s just too good.

Are you going to now say Nadal was lucky because he won US open without beating a top 25 player? In fact he faces his first top 25 ranked player in 15 grand slam matches (including US OPEN) tonight and he ends up losing.
He beat a good grinder in nishikori and a bloke he has owned for years in stan. I dont disagree about rafa and his fortunes they are both in the same boat. Perhaps open the other eye when having an opinion about federer. Go and have a look at who he beat last year or is that too much hard work? he beat alot of next gen guys who arent ready to dethrone him and guys he beats routinely on a weekly basis. He took advantage of the lack of the real threats to his performances not being there as did nadal. Surely you can accept that?.

He beat a good grinder in nishikori and a bloke he has owned for years in stan. I dont disagree about rafa and his fortunes they are both in the same boat. Perhaps open the other eye when having an opinion about federer. Go and have a look at who he beat last year or is that too much hard work? he beat alot of next gen guys who arent ready to dethrone him and guys he beats routinely on a weekly basis. He took advantage of the lack of the real threats to his performances not being there as did nadal. Surely you can accept that?.

Lol that’s ridiculous. 0 respect for opposition players.. “good grinder in Nishikori” “less than a 100% cilic” “bloke he has owned for years in Stan”. I don’t need to look back as I follow the calendar year. You should know that post 2013-2014 Stan is different to back in the day Stan. All their meetings have been tight, wasn’t just a walk in the park straight set win.

He also lost to players such as Del Potro, Goffin and Zverev last year.. fact is opposition players are not s**t but players like Federer and Nadal are just competitive beasts and they are just too good, which is why they dominate men’s tennis and hold 35 slams together. No gods have parted the seas for that sort of success.

Although Nadal is sooking I agree with him. Players get virtually no time off every year, and when they do, they're doing weights. They have to enter too many tournaments. Serena has managed her schedule and forgone with the number one spot for many years. The more you play the more chances you get injured. ATP should do something about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Nadal is sooking I agree with him. Players get virtually no time off every year, and when they do, they're doing weights. They have to enter too many tournaments. Serena has managed her schedule and forgone with the number one spot for many years. The more you play the more chances you get injured. ATP should do something about this.
Nadal should follow Federer's route and structure his schedule better instead of going full out. His body is not going to allow him to play full-on for much longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back