Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a let down it was Barty needs more weapons
Yep, has all the skills reminds me of a 90s style player but lacks the big killer wing which can win her big matches. The only player I can remember that had a similar stature to Barty but a dynamic forehand or backhand was Henin from this era. She needs to develop her forehand into a huge weapon not just a weapon if that makes sense to make inroads into the top girls.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Kvitova was able to step up to another level when needed. Barty plays at the same tempo all the time, and doesn’t seem to have the ability to up the ante when required. Also, I wish she would show a bit more animation than what she does. Needs more weapons in her armoury. Lots of unforced errors. Despite that, it was a meritorious performance to go as far as she did. Wouldn’t mind seeing Kvitova go all the way now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

armpit

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
The new number 1 in the world.

(at this stage)

Barty tried. But Kvitova is smashing everything and everyone atm.
I think the pale pink is out now except for the tsitsipas's head band. See him go in his eau de nil top though. See Pouille go. We should have put money on it the first time you mentioned it.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Not gonna lie but I miss Sam Groth as a commentator. Can we swap him in and get rid of Hewitt?

armpit

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I see Kyrgios didn't make the Davis cup team. Went for kids who went a bit deeper into the draw. Was unlucky for Kyrgios he played Roanic.

Top Bottom