Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Tsitsipas in 4
Collins in 2
Kvitova in 2
Nadal in 3

Barty would need to play 100 times better than she did against Maria
I was hoping it would be windy tomorrow to help ash, Petra loves indoor, calm conditions. And when she is on, which she has been this year, almost impossible to stop. Unfortunately the forecast looks calm.

I was hoping it would be windy tomorrow to help ash, Petra loves indoor, calm conditions. And when she is on, which she has been this year, almost impossible to stop. Unfortunately the forecast looks calm.

Bet Barty was hoping for a day match too where it’s hot

Looks like an enjoyable day of matches. Don't really care who wins any matches, happy for whoever to win today.

Would like Ash to take it to 3 though. Not sure she will though.

If Ash wins today she would be pretty much the first Australian to reach the semi finals in the Aussie Open since Hewitt in 2005. Very tall order though but she does have film from 2 weeks ago when she faced Kvitova. Maybe that would help. But the same goes for Kvitova as well.

Nadal Tiafoe would seem the least competitive on paper, but Tiafoe does feel like he has been transforming across this tournament, so god knows.

Today for me is definitely all about Barty-Kvitova & Tsitsipas-Agut. Should be two great matches.

Tsitsipas in 4
Collins in 2
Kvitova in 2
Nadal in 3

Barty would need to play 100 times better than she did against Maria
Kvitová only just scraped in against her the last time, having to produce her absolute best and the game could have went either way. Barty is in the form of her life and with the home crowd behind her, she will get the job done. Barty in 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain to me why Carreno Busta didn't get a replayed point on that dodgy "out" call last night? Isn't that the point of hawkeye?

It'll be interesting to see if Tsitsipas has a letdown after the thrill of beating Federer. RBA won't give him an inch.

Indeed. I also think RBA's style is probably more troubling to Tsitsipas then Fed's. He has been known to struggle against grinders in the past but then again if he replicates what he did on Sunday hard to see him being beaten

Can someone please explain to me why Carreno Busta didn't get a replayed point on that dodgy "out" call last night? Isn't that the point of hawkeye?
the umpire did not follow the rules. Yes the linesperson stuffed up, yes CB was going the wrong way, yes KN hit a winner, yes KN would have won the point, BUT the linesperson stuffed everything up. That said, CB should gave shown some composure and put it behind him.

2019 Rules of Tennis (pdf) - https://www.itftennis.com/media/298557/298557.pdf

Tsitsipas vs RBA in 4
Collins vs Pavlyuchenkova in 3
Barty vs Kvitova in 2
Nadal
vs tiafoe in 3

Kvitova is scary good atm. Barty will sadly be outmatched. Just has to hope Kvitova has a mare.

Nadal will play with his food.

I havent watched Collins this summer. Was impressed by Pav v Stephens, especially with the forehand. More picking the player I like more than an actual knowledge. real 50 50

RBA is solid. Tsitsipas is young and will have a downer.

Kvitová only just scraped in against her the last time, having to produce her absolute best and the game could have went either way. Barty is in the form of her life and with the home crowd behind her, she will get the job done. Barty in 3.

Kvitova is playing better and I trust her in big moments more. Barty made almost 40 UE last round, Maria won’t make you pay like Kvitova will. Wish Barty all the best but I can’t see it.

For anyone interested in doubles, Stosur and Zhang won the first set 7-6(2) against the number 1 seeded team Siniaková and Krejčíková. They won the French open and Wimbledon last year so would be a good win if they can finish the job.

Stosur... so much potential and athleticism but unfortunately never had the clutch gene to make it deep very often. What a waste of talent. At least she has that grand slam title I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back