Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

What a let down it was Barty needs more weapons
Yep, has all the skills reminds me of a 90s style player but lacks the big killer wing which can win her big matches. The only player I can remember that had a similar stature to Barty but a dynamic forehand or backhand was Henin from this era. She needs to develop her forehand into a huge weapon not just a weapon if that makes sense to make inroads into the top girls.

Kvitova was able to step up to another level when needed. Barty plays at the same tempo all the time, and doesn’t seem to have the ability to up the ante when required. Also, I wish she would show a bit more animation than what she does. Needs more weapons in her armoury. Lots of unforced errors. Despite that, it was a meritorious performance to go as far as she did. Wouldn’t mind seeing Kvitova go all the way now.

Last edited:
The new number 1 in the world.

(at this stage)

Barty tried. But Kvitova is smashing everything and everyone atm.
I think the pale pink is out now except for the tsitsipas's head band. See him go in his eau de nil top though. See Pouille go. We should have put money on it the first time you mentioned it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suncorp girl might need therapy.

Not gonna lie but I miss Sam Groth as a commentator. Can we swap him in and get rid of Hewitt?

I see Kyrgios didn't make the Davis cup team. Went for kids who went a bit deeper into the draw. Was unlucky for Kyrgios he played Roanic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back