Rod Laver Arena

12.30pm
Naomi Osaka vs. Su-Wei Hsieh
NB 3pm
Grigor Dimitrov vs. Aslan Karatsev

7pm
Serena Williams vs. Simona Halep
Novak Djokovic vs. Alexander Zverev

What a night session. Lovely lovely lovely.

Osaka will find it tough v Su Wei but will win. Will take time to adapt to Su Wei, like in previous matches. Aslan and Grigor, flip a coin. Aslan is in his first grand slam, Dimitrov is trying to make his 2nd semi here. Aslans run is remarkable but that 5 setter might be a tough ask to overcome.

Serena plays her first night match of the tournament, against a player who has played plenty. never ever count out Serena, but also, never count out Haleps ability to do the impossible. That Wimbledon final, where Halep destroyed Williams showcases that Halep has the game to beat the Serena on any court. they haven't played since. Halep will make Serena run, run, run but it is on Serena racquet.

In the other match; the big question is, how injured is Novak. Sascha should test him a lot more than Milos in the rallies. Sascha has been in good form as well, US Open final and hasn't dropped a set since he started slowly in the first(nearly dropped 2 that day IIRC). If Novak is fit, he wins. If Novak is 90%, it is close. Is Sascha mentally ready to beat Novak?

Osaka in 2
Dimitrov in 4

Halep in 3
Sasha in 5

[7] Rublev vs [4] Medvedev
[5] Tsitsipas vs [2] Nadal

[1] Djokovic vs [6] Zverev
Dimitrov [18] vs. Karatsev [Q]
-------------------------------------------
Hsieh vs. [3] Osaka
[10] S. Williams vs. [2] Halep

[1] Barty vs [25] Muchova
[22] Brady vs. Pegula

Thanks BobbyMorri for the write up. Looking forward to all 4 marches. All have things of interest going for them. Osaka's reaction was funny when she heard she was playing hsieh. Osaka to win though. Was very impressed with Serenas defensive play and movement against sabalenka. She needs to bring that level against halep. I think Serena will win that one. Karatsev has been incredible, story of the tournament so far. But Dimitrov has found some nice form. As for sacha and Novak, I expect zverev to win.

Tell me what happens.
Can't wAtch the guy.
I mean, that stance he takes to receive the ball..eyyyyewwww!
Amd the blood curdling howls like he just slaughtered an army...hideous
Then the careless self centered covid rule breaking
Ugggh.
Please thrash him Zverev. I want to watch the mens final.

Su Wei does well at the Oz Open every time I've seen her. She doesn't quite do as well at the other slams.
Naomi was always going to be too good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good hope the Russians all lose this round lol
bit tough when 2 of them play each other.

And Medvedev is cool. will never forget his run at the US Open in 2019 and his trolling of the New York crowd.

This is big trouble for Aslan. Dimitrov has done his homework and Aslan looks tired

Back