• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Geech, Day 9 already. To think it was only this time last week that Murray v Berrettini played that epic 5-setter. As they say, a week is a long time in sport. Today, we had a dramatic 5-setter, where it seemed neither player wanted to win, and a Novak thrashing on ADM. It is the start of the quarter-finals and the wheelchair events.

Weather 27C - partly cloudy

RLA
12:30PM

[22] Rybakina vs. [17] Ostapenko
[18] Khachanov vs [29] Korda

7PM
[3] Pegula vs. [24] Azarenka
[3] Tsitsipas vs. Lehecka

Mens Draw

---------------------------------------------
Rublev [5] vs Djokovic [4]
Shelton vs Paul

Ladies Draw

[22] Rybakina vs. [17] Ostapenko
----------------------------------
Pliskova [30] vs Linette
Sabalenka [5] vs Vekic

[22] Rybakina vs. [17] Ostapenko.
Ostapenko 2-0 H2H.
See ball hit ball. This will be fun to watch and the best match of the womens side, both sides of the draw. Rybakina was so so good against Swiatek but equally, Ostapenko was very good v Gauff. These girls are big big hitters. I think the difference will be the serve. Ostapenko is not as big of a nutcase on the serve as she used to be, but Rybakina is the best server on tour.
Rybakina in 3

Korda 2-1 H2H.
This should be really fun. Korda has done very very well to get to this stage while Karen has backed up his semi-final run at the US Open last with a very comfy run to the quarters. They played each 3 times over the last 2 years, including a 5th set match at the 2021 Wimbledon, which had 13 breaks of serve in the last set (10-8). I like Karen's level.
Karen in 5

2-2 H2H
The Head-to-head includes the 2021 Aus Open, round of 16. This was one of her first big wins by Pegula. Pegula will be too good for a tired Azarenka.
Pegula in 2

Tsitsipas 1-0 H2H
Lehecka had a good run and have beaten some low seeds in Norrie and FAA. Still, I think Tsitsipas
Tsitsipas in 3

The preview show is the first I've heard about Australian Open "All Abilities Day."

I LOVE this! What a cool, really simple idea to improve visibility, but to also prompt the AO to engage with disabled people to think of ways to improve accessibility across the site for the whole 2 weeks.

If you had RLA night tickets you'd be demanding a refund!

The worst two matches they could put on. How on earth is Rybakina not at night!
Because they don’t care about the contest itself. They care about the star power representing. Tsitsipas and Pegula = star power. Azarenka too.

you’ll get at least three hours of entertainment and potentially five if the outsiders can pinch a set.

Because they don’t care about the contest itself. They care about the star power representing. Tsitsipas and Pegula = star power. Azarenka too.

you’ll get at least three hours of entertainment and potentially five if the outsiders can pinch a set.

Pegula star power? In Australia? That is surely pushing it. Surely the Wimbledon champion is higher up. Rybakina has been screwed all tournament so nothing new here, but if you had night tickets you'd be filthy.

I really hope Rybakina continues on her winning way but sadly I think this might be the end. It really depends on which Penko shows up tbh.

I'm the other way think she wins today but the semi is harder unfortunately, she will be hoping Azarenka at least keeps Pegula out there because Jess has doubles the next day. Thankfully Rybankina lost in the doubles (with Pavs) yesterday, doesn't need to spend any more energy o that.

Pegula star power? In Australia? That is surely pushing it. Surely the Wimbledon champion is higher up. Rybakina has been screwed all tournament so nothing new here, but if you had night tickets you'd be filthy.
Rybakina is sill so criminally underrated. Don't know how considering she's the Wimbledon champ.

But I guess not getting the points for winning and the fact that her seed doesn't even come close to representing where she's at.

How was her vs Collins a Kia Arena match, lol.

More referring to the seed number. But we both know Rybakina is the bigger draw are for the real fan. same for Kachanov and Korda.

Rybakina is sill so criminally underrated. Don't know how considering she's the Wimbledon champ.

But I guess not getting the points for winning and the fact that her seed doesn't even come close to representing where she's at.

That’s a really good point. Man that pointless Wimbledon tournament really hurt players. Would Nick be top ten had they included them??

That’s a really good point. Man that pointless Wimbledon tournament really hurt players. Would Nick be top ten had they included them??
Yeah would have been #10 or thereabouts after Wimbledon finals and winning the Washington 500 event

If they counted Wimbledon points she’s have been number 8 seed here. Don’t get me started on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
God, officially old enough to see players playing Legends that I feel like were on the main tour only last week. Hantuchova playing with A. Radwanska (who's also partnering Stepanek) and Haas (one of my all-time faves). Crazy.

Pretty much everyday on here we see the words 'demanding a refund'.

For tonight's RLA matches I guarantee NOBODY will be thinking about a refund. Those matches are fine.

The day matches are way better. The schedule has been a mess this year more than usual. Least the French tend to do it well and that’s the next GS

God, officially old enough to see players playing Legends that I feel like were on the main tour only last week. Hantuchova playing with A. Radwanska (who's also partnering Stepanek) and Haas (one of my all-time faves). Crazy.

Yep, we're getting old...

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The day matches are way better.

Schedulers doing a fine job today.

The popular Tsitsipas plus the highest remaining women's seed vs the two-time champion at night.

And the other two 'way better' matches to sell tickets to the day session. Let's see how packed the stands are for those superior day matches.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
My guess is that name-wise, Azarenka and Stefo is much bigger drawcard than Korda and Rybakina.

I get way Azarenka is at night and that is fair. She finished at 2am the other night.

I didnt mention it above, but the blokes have a 3 day rest before the semis . Hence why that match is 2nd.

No one is stopping Rybakina in this form.

I reallly hope she wins another GS soon, so she can get the respect she deserves

I hope it's not Sabalenka in the final she could

Back