Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 9

[18] Khachanov vs [29] Korda

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The one BP on a second serve hits it straight to his forehand and is smashed

Jeez not the play
Yep. The kid has a bright future, has acquitted himself very well, but he’d like the chance to have a few of these moments back.

He’s had the right idea to target the BH. It’s worked pretty well, he’s got a lot of short balls from it. Just hasn’t finished off points as well as he can, credit Tsitsipas’ defence sure, but I haven’t been blown away by Stef tonight.

Yep. The kid has a bright future, has acquitted himself very well, but he’d like the chance to have a few of these moments back.

He’s had the right idea to target the BH. It’s worked pretty well, he’s got a lot of short balls from it. Just hasn’t finished off points as well as he can, credit Tsitsipas’ defence sure, but I haven’t been blown away from Stef tonight.
Experience really. So many points gone either way. Very good coaching. Lehecka isn’t shying away.

He’s had the right idea to target the BH. It’s worked pretty well, he’s got a lot of short balls from it. Just hasn’t finished off points as well as he can, credit Tsitsipas’ defence sure, but I haven’t been blown away from Stef tonight.

Positive is he won’t have to worry about qualifying for any decent tournament including slams

Karen would love this tbh. Nothing threatening from Stephanos

Yep. Honestly if people think that semi will be easy think again. Tsispas plays like this and he loses. Been very ordinary for 2 sets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t stand Jim Courier. Really irritating. We should throw big money at Jason Goodall to head our coverage, will never happen but can dream. I’m just so over Courier, he’s had his time.

Yep. Honestly if people think that semi will be easy think again. Tsispas plays like this and he loses. Been very ordinary for 2 sets
I actually like Khachanov (just not enough to spell his name correctly). He’s not boring and is really active and you see his emotion whenever he gets big points. some of the best FH dtl this tournament have come from him. Would love to see him make the final.

I like what Courier said about Lehecka's game and how it would be suited to grass. Will be watching out for him when the grass season starts.
I don't mind Courier. Goodall is with ESPN, I doubt he would want to switch. Jason Goodall and Robbie Koening were the best double act in commentating. Bouncing off each other. I thought Koening was on the 9 team.

I like what Courier said about Lehecka's game and how it would be suited to grass. Will be watching out for him when the grass season starts.
I don't mind Courier. Goodall is with ESPN, I doubt he would want to switch. Jason Goodall and Robbie Koening were the best double act in commentating. Bouncing off each other. I thought Koening was on the 9 team.
And when Doug Adler was with them, it was an absolute masterpiece. Shame he got absolutely stitched up.

Back