Australian Open Grand Slam 2021 Tennis

Zverev has his chances, should have won the 3rd and 4th set after being up a break.

Still a fair way from winning a slam but getting close.

Things said about every 'challenger' to the big 3/4 for the last 15 years

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Zverev has his chances, should have won the 3rd and 4th set after being up a break.

Still a fair way from winning a slam but getting close.

He certainly had novak under intense pressure right up until match point.

The younger guys are every bit as technically talented as rafa rog and novak... but it's the mental fortitude that those guys have which sets them apart imo.

Zverev had novak on the ropes for long stretches last night- if zverev had just about any other player in that spot he would have steamrolled to a win.
But novaks ability to compartmentalise (moving on mentally) and reset himself won him the game.

Last edited:

jack1231

Team Captain
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Djokovic @ 5s and 4s Outright
Nadal @6s outright

Hopefully this is the final

Nadal hasn’t dropped a set yet?

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Djokovic @ 5s and 4s

Yeah nah- he's sub $2 everywhere.
One hand on the trophy already.

My biggest win is on a novak medvedev final, but I think rafa will be there- he's looked great this year and his back seems fine now.

Regardless, I can't see any value in backing anyone for outright now- novak is red hot fav and short priced... and for good reason- it will be a massive upset if he doesn't win the title from here, no matter who he plays in the final.

Surely Barty has a touch of Sam Stosur about her down here?

giphy.gif

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Jump on board the Medvedev train. This is his open.

Even if Djokovic wasn't clearly struggling I'd still back Medevedev to make it 4 wins in a row against him. Nadal the biggest obstacle in his way

Back