Australian Open Grand Slam 2021 Tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Medvedev won't have stage fright.

Been to a Grand Slam final before and took it to 5 sets.

PointsBet Spreads:

Match Games: 40-42
Total Points 258-265
1st Set Total Games: 9.75-10.25

i reckon first set goes over will be at least 10 games. Predicting a tie break or a 7-5 to either player

There ive taken 1st set to go to a tie break and for it to go the full 5 sets @ 9.50 for a bit of fun.

This is one of the most even finals in the last 20 years. I think one year Nadal v Federer at AO here and the odds were a flip of the coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a great tournament in the end two expected champions really. If Novak turned up 80% fit he was always winning. Osaka despite what some rubbish rankings say is the best player by miles in the women’s game- was kicking myself didn’t take some of the $6.50 before the tournament. I stupidly basically said Osaka’s draw was too tough- should have known half the mental short people would lose round 2 and 3 thus making her draw a cruise.

The value will be the French and Wimbledon where Osaka is very ordinary at.

Who the fcuk is whistling and booing in a presentation?

Poor form I say

Total non event.
If you've been on the piss at the tennis, having a great time...and some suit starts talking about the government, covid, blah, blah, whatever... you're gonna boo all that boring shite for being a buzzkill.

Was a great tournament in the end two expected champions really. If Novak turned up 80% fit he was always winning. Osaka despite what some rubbish rankings say is the best player by miles in the women’s game- was kicking myself didn’t take some of the $6.50 before the tournament. I stupidly basically said Osaka’s draw was too tough- should have known half the mental short people would lose round 2 and 3 thus making her draw a cruise.

The value will be the French and Wimbledon where Osaka is very ordinary at.

My interest once chase the ace departed dropped savagely but good to see nothing has really changed in the game in the last decade. Top Aussie women choking hard and one of the big 3/4 winning the Mens. Rinse and Repeat

My interest once chase the ace departed dropped savagely but good to see nothing has really changed in the game in the last decade. Top Aussie women choking hard and one of the big 3/4 winning the Mens. Rinse and Repeat

From a better perspective much prefer Wimbledon and the French especially. Not sure our women choked really. They went out where I expected none were winning.

Novak is 9-0 in the aus open alone, if you bet against him last night you may as well just burn your money

As soon as he reached the semis should have been a dead set $1.40 chance

From memory Djokovic got to around $3.50 or so in the match against Taylor Fritz

The outright odds probably were justifiably right at the time

3.50 (to beat Fritz) x 1.47 to beat Zverev x 1.08 to beat Karatsev x 1.97 to beat Medvedev = $10.94 if you topped up

Well done to any backers that got Djokovic on the in-play outright markets. I heard he got to double digits around odds of $10 or so in the Outright market when playing against Fritz, with his supposed 'injury'.

Fritz being a mental midget that was easy money

And the pretty young thing.

Would love to know the overall record of Djoker(/Nadal/Fed v the rest in GS finals over last 10 years.

Ok got a little bored so thought I'd check. Djok and Nadal played 4 finals in a row against each other from mid '11 to mid '12, so I'll count "last 10 years" as post-that stretch:

Djokovic: 8-4: 4-2 Murray, 0-2 Stan, 4-0 the rest
Nadal: 6-1: 1-1 Stan, 5-0 the rest
Fed: 3-0: 1-0 Murray, 2-0 the rest (both Cilic)

Overall 17-5, 11-0 vs non Murray/Stan, 6-5 vs Murray/Stan

So Stan and Murray held their own in finals against big three and noone else has touched them. Lol Next Gen.

Stan being 3-1 in finals, all against Novak or Nadal, is pretty incredible. Also Murray is actually 2-8 overall vs them in finals because he is 0-3 in finals more than 10 years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back