Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Started today. Some quality players in both draws.

In great news for mankind, Eva Lys won 6-3, 6-4 and progresses through to round 2. I think she can reach her first GS main draw here!

Destanee Aiava won today also.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Seems to start earlier and earlier each year.

Its funny. You can get in for free to watch these or you could pay $20 to watch a practice match between Novak and Nick......
Apparently they’re charging $10 now. First time ever I believe? A bit disappointing, but when I look at the prices for the tournament, wowza.

Bouchard lost in 3 tight sets.

2nd seed Cecchinato retired against Max Purcell.

Love qualifying week and the first week of the Oz Open - Qualifying week allows you to watch up and comers without much of a crowd, while a ground pass in week gives you a choice of matches outside the two main courts - I'll never understand people who pay to enter the two main courts when you have no choice of matches - Anyway there will be a much better vibe with the return of overseas visitors who add color and passion.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
A result sure to make someone happy…

Schmiedlova won her first qualifying match today.

I’m interested in Gasanova/P.Kudermetova a bit later this afternoon.

Love qualifying week and the first week of the Oz Open - Qualifying week allows you to watch up and comers without much of a crowd, while a ground pass in week gives you a choice of matches outside the two main courts - I'll never understand people who pay to enter the two main courts when you have no choice of matches - Anyway there will be a much better vibe with the return of overseas visitors who add color and passion.

Prefer RLA for the middle Saturday and beyond, and ground passes earlier on. I actually like to watch some of the juniors too.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Wow and she's out. Noskova loses in 1st round of qualifiers.

The last week seems to have caught up with her.
Yep, she was cooked. Pretty disappointing stuff, if she’d had a MD WC she could’ve really caused some damage. Instead they go to random Aussie no hopers.

Yep, she was cooked. Pretty disappointing stuff, if she’d had a MD WC she could’ve really caused some damage. Instead they go to random Aussie no hopers.

Who won’t even win a set

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Eva Lys on at about 11am. Stuck at work so won’t be able to watch, except if I time my breaks to fit some viewing in.

In terms of other young talent, Brenda Fruhvirtova 4th match 1573 arena, Erika
Andreeva 5th match on court 8. Hopefully all 3 can advance.

Eva Lys on at about 11am. Stuck at work so won’t be able to watch, except if I time my breaks to fit some viewing in.

In terms of other young talent, Brenda Fruhvirtova 4th match 1573 arena, Erika
Andreeva 5th match on court 8. Hopefully all 3 can advance.

Brenda could be anything but I am sceptical with these real young players

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Brenda could be anything but I am sceptical with these real young players
Brenda breaks with some terrific returning and aggressive hitting and will serve for the set.

Lys won comfortably! She will face 17 y/o Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva in the final round. Jimenez Kasintseva is the 2020 AO junior champion. Tough match for both. Cmon Lys!

Brenda breaks with some terrific returning and aggressive hitting and will serve for the set.

Lys won comfortably! She will face 17 y/o Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva in the final round. Jimenez Kasintseva is the 2020 AO junior champion. Tough match for both. Cmon Lys!

See these are the ones you give WC's to!

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
See these are the ones you give WC's to!
100% agreed.

Zavatska is looking really good against Andreeva. She’s punishing her serve, standing well in on the second serve and hitting so aggressively. She’s won 5 games in a row for 5-2. On this form she should win and qualify and honestly, could win her first GS match. Talk about getting ahead of myself but yeah!

Brenda has fought back from 5-1 down in the second set (after losing the first) to now serve for the set at 6-5. Women’s tennis!

100% agreed.

Zavatska is looking really good against Andreeva. She’s punishing her serve, standing well in on the second serve and hitting so aggressively. She’s won 5 games in a row for 5-2. On this form she should win and qualify and honestly, could win her first GS match. Talk about getting ahead of myself but yeah!

Brenda has fought back from 5-1 down in the second set (after losing the first) to now serve for the set at 6-5. Women’s tennis!

It is why I love and hate women tennis, I love it because even at 5-0 you aren't safe but I hate it as I love to have a flutter on it and always lose lol

Her opponent is bizarre, the way she strikes the ball, so unusual, and she moves unusually too.

Zavatska takes a tight first set 6-4. Andreeva looking more comfortable now though, think this’ll be a close one.

GreT yo see these young ones coming through

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Wow Andreeva very impressive, she lifted her intensity and power after the 1st set where it looked like Zavatska had the answers. Another teenager close to qualifying.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Kudermetova’s younger sister Polina wins and is also into the final round of qualifying. Teenagers could make a big wave here in qualifiers, one win to go for them…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back