Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are my Results but I don't know what I means:

16_Elec.jpg
Just means you're biased towards your political team.

With Liberals looking to win.

This country be even worse off.

Shitty Internet,Medicare being pulled apart and Trying to get rid of Welfare.

So unless you are Mega Rich. You be even more Worse off
Both sides biased supporters think only their side is any good.
There's good and bad on both sides.
Most people are ok.
But as always, people believe what they want to believe.
We're pretty lucky in this country overall.

some estimates are that 25% of all votes will be for candidates other than that of the major parties.

That's a helluva lot of Australians who reckon their voices aren't being heard - the political landscape of this country needs a shake up.

Hopefully we get one tomorrow.

If I woz a ramblin', gamblin' man, I'd be looking closely at those odds. Reckon Nick the bubble's gonna be the winner here. Will take seats off the coalition (partic the upper house) in SA and mebbe elsewhere. Then there's The Greens and a ragtag buncha independents.

Should be a hoot

While we're at it, here's the senate voting sheet, how ******* long is it? Stupid. Should be done online or at least through terminals in the voting centres.

CmGs7fVUYAAowF0.jpg

I Picked the Pirate Party and Labor but the Rest Where Ever I put a Number

While we're at it, here's the senate voting sheet, how ******* long is it? Stupid. Should be done online or at least through terminals in the voting centres.

CmGs7fVUYAAowF0.jpg

I think the guy 3 booths up from me actually completed my form. Team effort

I think the guy 3 booths up from me actually completed my form. Team effort
They did improve it a little, think it's 12 above the line or 15+ below the line, so you don't have to fill in every box now.

I'm paying the $20 fine for not voting, couldn't be more disillusioned in Australian Politics as a whole.

Doing that will Stuff the Country up even more

Doing that will Stuff the Country up even more
Better than making an uninformed vote. Compulsory voting is ridiculous. Very undemocratic.

Although, if it didn't exist, turnout would be below 50% in this country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than making an uninformed vote. Compulsory voting is ridiculous. Very undemocratic.

So Voting is a Joke and I bet the Libs would win all Elections IF was not Compsulary

Glad to see Libs did not win and Hopefully Labor can form Government:D
Neither can form a proper govt. this elections was a waste of time and money.

Nice to see fake CFA members (UFU stooges) at polling booths where actual CFA volunteers had decided not to attend in any capacity.

Political advertising needs a massive overhaul. I think they should completely ban mentioning any other political party at all so they all have to focus on what they will do not what someone else might do

I'll give it to Shorten though, he plays a very long game. Trading away workers rights since the late 90 in exchange for memberships being paid by corporations to gain enough influence in the Labor party to jump into a safe seat. Destroys his own party to gain leadership and paints himself as some kind of saviour. Didn't work out as well as he'd hoped and he must know Albo's cold steel will be plunging through his political career at the first opportunity. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Neither can form a proper govt. this elections was a waste of time and money.

Nice to see fake CFA members (UFU stooges) at polling booths where actual CFA volunteers had decided not to attend in any capacity.

Political advertising needs a massive overhaul. I think they should completely ban mentioning any other political party at all so they all have to focus on what they will do not what someone else might do

I'll give it to Shorten though, he plays a very long game. Trading away workers rights since the late 90 in exchange for memberships being paid by corporations to gain enough influence in the Labor party to jump into a safe seat. Destroys his own party to gain leadership and paints himself as some kind of saviour. Didn't work out as well as he'd hoped and he must know Albo's cold steel will be plunging through his political career at the first opportunity. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Feeling a bit down, then?
Never mind, every dog has their day

As for me, this is exactly what I was hoping for, people will actually have to start talking to each other and doing something they have had great difficulty in doing so far....listening to each other

Feeling a bit down, then?
Never mind, every dog has their day

As for me, this is exactly what I was hoping for, people will actually have to start talking to each other and doing something they have had great difficulty in doing so far....listening to each other

I think the large vote for indies is a good thing. Even better is it doesn't really translate into Greens votes.

Problem being previous indies have been elected on platforms that are not in the country's interest and or not relevant to the country as a whole. They seem to negotiate in terms of what can I get to keep me in the job in three years not what is best for Australia.

I think the large vote for indies is a good thing. Even better is it doesn't really translate into Greens votes.

Problem being previous indies have been elected on platforms that are not in the country's interest and or not relevant to the country as a whole. They seem to negotiate in terms of what can I get to keep me in the job in three years not what is best for Australia.
What is in the Country's interests is purely subjective depending on ones own political leanings....NXT are purely a Protectionist Party and they would strongly argue that approach is in our best interests.
The Greens are similar with their platform, so on with the other independents.

What is apparent is that the Majors are on the nose and as far as I am concerned that can only be a good thing

So Voting is a Joke and I bet the Libs would win all Elections IF was not Compsulary
Overall non compulsory voting tends to (note: tends to) favour the parties right of centre. In our country that's Liberal / National.
Personally I'd like to see the disbanding of preferences (unless you want to do them) so the votes exhaust when the voter makes their choice.
First past the post would also suit as it would lessen the many many independents that run as many of them are stooges for some bigger party

What our % of voters would be if it wasn't compulsory would be interesting.
Suggest the first election or so the % would be very high as people are cultured to vote but within a few elections or a generation would probably go to what you suggest, may a bit higher but not much more than say 55% to 60%

What is in the Country's interests is purely subjective depending on ones own political leanings....NXT are purely a Protectionist Party and they would strongly argue that approach is in our best interests.
The Greens are similar with their platform, so on with the other independents.

What is apparent is that the Majors are on the nose and as far as I am concerned that can only be a good thing

Must say, I was amused by Turnbull's post-election drivel/speech. He blamed Labor for being such a dastardly bunch of thieves who stole his glory, even when the primary vote shows that bands of other thieves stole Labor's primary vote, that Labor was hardly the recipient of whatever stolen votes Turnbull is blathering about.

People are disenchanted. Malcolm is the point guard for a party he is out of kilter with, and their policies for anything resembling a future were (to put it kindly) unconvincing. At the same time, many people are evidently not prepared to switch (or switch back) to the ALP. My opinion is that this will leave us with a balkanised political system where key legislation becomes jammed. It is something which defines US politics, and it is a trend which will build here and which will do nothing to restore the people's faith in democratic process.

At least Carlton didn't beat us twice this year. Was a good night.

Overall non compulsory voting tends to (note: tends to) favour the parties right of centre. In our country that's Liberal / National.
Personally I'd like to see the disbanding of preferences (unless you want to do them) so the votes exhaust when the voter makes their choice.
First past the post would also suit as it would lessen the many many independents that run as many of them are stooges for some bigger party
Some see FPP voting as not necessarily getting a majority decision.
You could have a 3 way contest with the result being 35%, 33% and 32%, so in effect 65% of voters don't want the winner

The Brexit is a good example 37% in favour 36% against and 27% failed to vote.
Leaving aside the fact that the 27% didn't have to vote, a majority decision was not achieved, hence the current turmoil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back