Competition Australian Rules World Cup - Hub Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Pretty much what the title says. Choose a country. Design jumpers for that country.

Now, I want people to fully commit to this competition. If there might be a problem with you getting your entry in, save me and the other competitors the trouble by NOT entering. It will detract from what should be a short, sharp and fun competition. None of these shenanigans I've had to deal with in the CCRC or Olympic competitions please.

If you are completely certain you can whip up a jumper for your country, this is what will be mandatory.
- A Home Kit
- A contrast/ clash kit (Preferably white)
Stuff you could add in-
- Team logo
- Another contrast kit.
- Anything you feel might get you voters

Some other rules-
- NO FLAG DESIGNS- Inspiration is fine, you can put it on the jumper or use it as a pattern, but no direct copying or you will be DQed.
-Must include at least 1 sponsor- could just be a manufacturer. Can be just on the front.
- Competition logo(TBD) to be on right breast. Like the AFL.
- Not compulsory, but it would be cool if you called your team like the "Australian Kangaroos" or the "Japanese Samurai"

The rest is up to you. Go ahead. Be creative.

Bid format (You'll probably get your first preference, but do 2 just in case of some kind of overlap.)
Country-
Team name (with or without nickname)-
Team colours-
ARWC16%20Logo_zpsa3t6nqto.png

DUE DATE- 14th OF MAY

Last edited:

Have put little thought into this, thus the TBA's, but getting my bids in early:

Country
- Finland
Team name (with or without nickname)- Finland Eagle-Owls
Team colours- Two Blues and White

Country- Scotland
Team name (with or without nickname)- Scotland TBA (Thistles, Bravehearts, and Unicorns are all options)
Team colours- Blue, White and Purple.

Last edited:
Name: Sky Blues / Celeste
Colours: Blue, White, Black

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st Preference:
Country
- Scotland
Team name Scotish Thistles
Team colors- Navy, White and Pink

2nd Preference:
Country- Australia
Team name Australian Footballroos
Team colours- Gold, Green, White, Navy

Last edited:
That logo looks familiar.....

Will work on a paint version when I'm on my laptop.

Can we recolour?

I reworked my Copa America logo that was never used, as I really liked the design and wanted to see it used somewhere.

It is up to Spanna_ but the logo was never designed to be recoloured, and for a World Cup it would make sense to remain in a design that represents all nations and regions on everyone's designs rather than being recoloured to just match a single nations design.

If recolours are permitted, I would ask that the white remains and the other colours be reduced to either one or two others making the design either a solid colour and white, or alternating colours in the multicoloured star and keeping the circle border, inner star and text the same colour.

It is up to Spanna_ but the logo was never designed to be recoloured, and for a World Cup it would make sense to remain in a design that represents all nations and regions on everyone's designs rather than being recoloured to just match a single nations design.
Yeah, I think that's fair enough, it's your design. after all.

Really shouldn't be just going back on my word, but I'll say no recolours.

I reworked my Copa America logo that was never used, as I really liked the design and wanted to see it used somewhere.

If recolours are permitted, I would ask that the white remains and the other colours be reduced to either one or two others making the design either a solid colour and white, or alternating colours in the multicoloured star and keeping the circle border, inner star and text the same colour.
Usually we go for recolours, though I wasn't sure because it was multicoloured, and the colours are representative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back