Dippers Donuts

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2001
Hunting the snark
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sluggers
Did anybody else watch this on the ABC over the last two weeks.

They featured Howard and Beazley at home with family, friends etc.

Whilst it was a real puff piece of journalism I certainly enjoyed it. Beats the usual political dribble.

Kim Beazley's missus is not a bad sort at all IMO.

Yeh Kim in his nice home in South Perth. Shame he doesn't live anywhere near his electorate. Are we in the electorate of Brand not good enough for you Kim? Do you consider us to be a safe Labor seat. We all know you nearly got rolled by an unknown at the 96 Fed election, wasn't so safe then was it. Kim Beazeley has absolutely nothing to do with the Rockingham/Mandurah region, so why does he represent us? I got a lovely letter from him today, telling me how bad the Libs are. I don't think much of you Beazley, youth unemplyment in Mandurah is 40%. The highest in WA. I had to get my casual job in Bibra Lake Kim, great help you are. Kim why does Mandurah have such low numbers going on to study at Uni, why am I in a very small minority that do? Kim you have done nothing for us. We never see you in the electorate, imagine how bad it would be if you were PM. You would wreck the whole country, you have already screwed your own electorate. So no Kim, there is no way you are getting my vote.

From last night it's obvious that when howard says beasley doesn't have the 'Ticker ' to be PM he really means he's far too decent to get there.

Calling him mr "flip flop" on issues is insulting (from Mr Never ever) and plain untrue.

Beasley was the last labour MP to support Hawke when it was clearly bad for his own career to do that. Decent and stands by his convictions.

Contrast that with howared who became PM simply becaus e he had the brass neck to hang around long enough till it happened.

I have fears of a redneck backlash but If Beasley became PM then perhaps we might see a refreshing change in Oz politics.

Re: Re: Australian Story

Originally posted by Bee

Hey Dipper,
My mum will be so pleased. Everyone tells her she looks like Susie (Kim's wife)!:D

Lucky Mum Bee!!

Yes she is rather attractive I think, rather willowy and statuesque.

Good move on her part to put that second "N" into her surname wasn't it...:D

True enough bee.

Agree with pess - beazley came as across as a fundamentally decent person on the show, I have always admired his honesty.

Howard on the other hand came across as the fundamental egg head that he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back