FTA-TV Australian Stranded (Survivor Online) - Official Thread

We had one BigFooty recruit this season:

RLz26MH.png

Good work Loonerty on making the jury :)
I was also blindsided big time, the true Survivor experience.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
OOLuY26.png

The 20th season of the Australian Survivor ORG series is now recruiting our next set of first-time players!

The start-date is Sunday 10th November and the game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Standard Time or GMT +11, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional to attend and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to it, hosted by Proboards. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Note also that this series has always had a focus on being an entry point for Australian ORGers. Previous alumni cannot apply to participate. Our aim is to allow for as many players with little ORG experience as possible, but we would take on those with more experience also if necessary. Additionally, owing to a security breach in a previous season, we're going to need all applicants to have a clear online presence to ensure their legitimacy.

We're requesting all applicants to send us this survey as they make contact:

1. Which Survivor character (Australian or US) are you most like and why?

2. If you had to describe your approach in 3 words what would they be?

3. What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses?

4. What Australian state are you from?

5. What type of contestant would you prefer not to be assigned to play as?

6. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of the 2018 season of Australian Survivor?

If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
unknown.png

The 22nd season of the Australian Survivor ORG series is now recruiting our next set of first-time players!

Australian Survivor: Sicily will commence on Sunday 2nd May. The game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Standard Time or GMT +10, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional to attend and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to the season, hosted by Proboards. After 10 years of using Proboards we feel it allows for the most immersive experience possible. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Note also that this series has always had a focus on being an entry point for Australian ORGers. Previous alumni cannot apply to participate. Our aim is to allow for as many players with little ORG experience as possible, but we would take on those with more experience also if necessary. It would assist us if all applicants have a clear online presence to ensure their legitimacy.

We're requesting all applicants to send us this survey as they make contact:
  1. Which Australian state are you from?
  2. Which Survivor character (Australian or US) are you most like and why?
  3. If you had to describe your approach in 3 words what would they be?
  4. What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses?
  5. What type of contestant would you prefer not to be assigned to play as? (gender, age, hero or villain, etc)
  6. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of the 2019 season of Australian Survivor?
If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins.

We did not advertise our 21st season here as it was an All Star season. Loonerty returned and finished 5th in a very strong performance. These games have always included players from this forum, so I look forward to hearing from potential players once again.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey all! I have some updates on where things stand with this:

Currently the game has ten spots taken and we would be looking to have at least six more players involved with this. These spots could be claimed quickly as we get closer to the start-date so I encourage anyone who has considered applying to do so as soon as possible. No need to answer our survey straight away either. You can save that for a more convenient time if you like, as some have already chosen to do.

Additionally, any previous alumni who are interested in following the season should message me and I'll send you a lurker account when the game begins.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
tIBq4Sx.png

The 23rd season of the Australian Survivor ORG series is now recruiting our next set of first-time players!

Australian Survivor: Vietnam will commence on Sunday 14th November. The game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Daylight Time or GMT +11, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional to attend and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant from the 2021 season to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to the season, hosted by Proboards. After 10 years of using Proboards we feel it allows for the most immersive experience possible. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Note also that this series has always had a focus on being an entry point for Australian ORGers. Previous alumni cannot apply to participate. Our aim is to allow for as many players with little ORG experience as possible, but we will take on those with more experience also. It would assist us if all applicants have a clear online presence to ensure their legitimacy.

Below is a survey we'd like all potential cast members to fill out, however it is fine to apply first and get to this later if that is more convenient:

2. Which Survivor contestant (Australian or US) are you most like and why?

5. What type of contestant would you prefer not to be assigned to play as? (gender, age, hero or villain, brain or brawn, etc)

6. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of Australian Survivor: Brains vs Brawn?

While I'm here I should also note the resluts of our previous season Sicily:

16. Baden (BB_GG)
15. John (Jack the Godfather)
14. Sammy (Jyagaimasu)
13. Janine (Suchers)
12. Steven (SM)
11. Anastasia (Lansieeeeeee)
10. Nova (Liz)
09. David (Chris)
08. Shaun (integreat)
07. Andy (ewskah12)
06. Daisy (MWPP)
05. Casey (Mihai)
04. Harry (Martynas)
03. Pia (SurvivorDress)
02. Abbey (fifteenpercent15)
01. Ross (thebunsen)

MWPP and SM were both fantastic cast members last time. It would be great to have more players like them from here.

Last edited:

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey all! I have some updates on where things stand with this:

Currently the game has eight spots taken and at a minimum we would be looking to have eight more players cast. These spots could be claimed quickly as we get closer to the start-date so I encourage anyone who has considered applying to do so as soon as possible!

Alumni who are interested in lurking the season should also send me a PM.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
amEWevf.png

The 24th season of the Australian Survivor ORG series is now recruiting our next set of first-time players!

Australian Survivor: Malawi will commence on Sunday 4th September. The game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Daylight Time or GMT +10, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional to attend and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant from the 2022 season to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to the season, hosted by Proboards. After 12 years of using Proboards we feel it allows for the most immersive experience possible. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Note also that this series has always had a focus on being an entry point for Australian ORGers. Previous alumni cannot apply to participate. Our aim is to allow for as many players with little ORG experience as possible, but we will take on those with more experience also. It would assist us if all applicants have a clear online presence to ensure their legitimacy.

Below is a survey we'd like all potential cast members to fill out, however it is fine to apply first and get to this later if that is more convenient:

2. Which Survivor contestant (Australian or US) are you most like and why?
  5. What type of contestant would you prefer not to be assigned to play as? (male or female, older or younger, hero or villain, brain or brawn, etc)
  6. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, which Survivor seasons have you watched recently and what are your opinions on them?

While I'm here I'll post the resluts from our previous season Vietnam:

18. Flick (FineGuidance0)
17. Laura (Allan)
16. Kez (Natalie)
15. George (James)
14. Emmett (Dominic)
13. Shannon (Robert)
12. Wai (Tori)
11. Andrew (morphyAU)
10. Baden (Sconewich)
09. Joey (Barrybran)
08. Mitch (Michael)
07. Gerald (Brady)
06. Daini (Scott)
05. Rachel (Shelley)
04. Cara (spookygoosy)
03. Simon (Daniel)
02. Hayley (Doougle)
01. Dani (Jungo007)

Barrybran was a stand-out cast member last time and has gone on to prove that in other games hosted at our community also.

Any alumni interested in lurking the season should also send me a PM.

AveryC

Draftee
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey all! I have a casting update to give on this.

Currently we are 50% cast. The remaining spots could be claimed quickly as we get closer to the start-date so I encourage anyone who has considered applying to do so as soon as possible!

Alumni who are interested in lurking the season should also send me a PM.

Back