Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Auckland is a bit of a joke atm. Not their fault mind you

They had so much rain over there in the last 2 weeks. They have bearly been able to get a tournament going. Everything was indoors yesterday

The WTA event was mainly indoors last week. Really they need a roof especially for a tournament the week before a Grand Slam.

I agree he's not as good as his ranking suggests, was just pointing out the reasons he has that ranking.

Still needs to be revised they need to use discretionary seedings

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Still needs to be revised they need to use discretionary seedings
Come on, even if they did, they are not going to slash the seeding of a 2x slam + WTF finalist. Regardless of your opinion on his playstyle, his results have been exceptional and he deserves his ranking.

Come on, even if they did, they are not going to slash the seeding of a 2x slam + WTF finalist. Regardless of your opinion on his playstyle, his results have been exceptional and he deserves his ranking.

Hey he’s fantastic for Novak lol glad he’s seeded 2 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
surely your having a lend. Just because he hasnt performed at the AO he doesnt deserve a high seeding. Completely disagree, if we were doing discretionary seeding for me it would be

1. Novak
2. Nadal
3. Ruud, based on 2 grand slam finals. It takes alot to back up for 7 best of 5 matches and he did it twice last year

surely your having a lend. Just because he hasnt performed at the AO he doesnt deserve a high seeding. Completely disagree, if we were doing discretionary seeding for me it would be

1. Novak
2. Nadal
3. Ruud, based on 2 grand slam finals. It takes alot to back up for 7 best of 5 matches and he did it twice last year

Tsispas has had good AO results he’d be third. I don’t rate the bloke and he’s absolutely Gen Useless personified but he’s been good in Australia. I’m happy Ruud is seeded 2, makes Novak’s path easier, put all the hard blokes in the other half!

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I don't why some in the media keep saying it's not good to win matches the week before a Grand Slam. I get it for a top 10 player but not for someone like Kokkinakis.

By making the semis in Adelaide he has earned the same points as a 3rd round loss in the Australian Open which is about as far as he will get anyway. Prizemoney is obviously less.

Last edited:
I don't why some in the media keep saying it's not good to win matches the week before a Grand Slam. I get it for a top 10 player but not for someone like Kokkinakis.

By making the semis in Adelaide he has earned the same points as a 3rd round loss in the Australian Open which is about as far as he will get anyway. Prizemoney is obviously less.

Depends on where you can finish in a Grand Slam. If you are a top player you don’t want to be playing on Saturday then having to play a best of 5 on Monday.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Depends on where you can finish in a Grand Slam. If you are a top player you don’t want to be playing on Saturday then having to play a best of 5 on Monday.

I get that which is why the top players don't play. They were even saying it for Millman earlier in the week. He just needs point anyway he can get them.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think in the past we have had a go at the Schedule. I've had a go at Moday mens matches. I think I have the side of the draw right and haven't missed anyone

RLA
Medvedev (Day)
Nadal v Draper (Night)

MCA
Sinner
Rublev v Theim (night)

JCA
Kubler
Tsitsipas

Other show courts
Hurkacz
Shapovalov
Norrie
Coric
Auger-Aliassime
Musetti
Korda

I get that which is why the top players don't play. They were even saying it for Millman earlier in the week. He just needs point anyway he can get them.

Badosa pulled out today as well. I do feel they need to start this half a week earlier

I think in the past we have had a go at the Schedule. I've had a go at Moday mens matches. I think I have the side of the draw right and haven't missed anyone

RLA
Medvedev (Day)
Nadal v Draper (Night)

MCA
Sinner
Rublev v Theim (night)

JCA
Kubler
Tsitsipas

Other show courts
Hurkacz
Shapovalov
Norrie
Coric
Auger-Aliassime
Musetti
Korda

Nadal will be at night to give Draper the most recovery

Nadal seems to have the Day Session. Medvedev night. According to the AO website.

It does make sense given the other night session match is the top seeded Swiatek.

That is dumb scheduling but nothing surprises me with the AO who are the single worst at scheduling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back