ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Surprised Gasquet is still playing. Looking at his results last year he didn't make it past the 3rd round at a slam or make a final anywhere on tour but took home over $800k USD. Good money if you can still get it!
Hence the ever-increasing average age of the top 100. It's little wonder why guys like Verdasco (39), Seppi (38), Simon (38) et al. keep playing

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Night. He always wants night matches it’s cooler
Night it is. They’ve released day 2 schedule already, is this a first?? I can’t recall them ever releasing day 2 on the Saturday prior to the tournament starting?

One things for certain, other than Novak, my interest is definitely on the M/W/F days. Much better matches. Of course the draw could go to ruin, often happens, but on paper they’re much more interesting days.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Night it is. They’ve released day 2 schedule already, is this a first?? I can’t recall them ever releasing day 2 on the Saturday prior to the tournament starting?

One things for certain, other than Novak, my interest is definitely on the M/W/F days. Much better matches. Of course the draw could go to ruin, often happens, but on paper they’re much more interesting days.

Interested to hear which matches you're talking about?

I think Day 1 is the worst I've seen in a long time. Maybe ever actually.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

nah, they have done that for previous years as well.

It is good they do it early. No reason not to.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Interested to hear which matches you're talking about?

I think Day 1 is the worst I've seen in a long time. Maybe ever actually.

I was a big supporter for a while of starting round 1 on the Sunday like some other slams did just to soread the games out. Not all the courts, even just RLA night session but matches are fairly thin in quality now a days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back