TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow i posted too soon. Nick gave Moana an absolute serve from about 3.30 to 3.50 if you want to listen to it. He did say at the start that he liked 22 other players and not 1 and that was Moana but he didnt defend Phoebe regarding the clash between the 2, he just stated facts. Very interesting

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow i posted too soon. Nick gave Moana an absolute serve from about 3.30 to 3.50 if you want to listen to it. He did say at the start that he liked 22 other players and not 1 and that was Moana but he didnt defend Phoebe regarding the clash between the 2, he just stated facts. Very interesting
Feel free to share some bullet points with those of us who don't have the spare 5 hours...

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
3.30-3.50 is 20 minutes, not 5 hrs
sorry, I replied to the wrong post. HeathComeBack 's previous post mentioned the 5 hours.

i am three quarters of the way through the 5 hour Nick one on the same feed. Just as interesting as Daves, gives a different insight to some of the boots and also gives an insight to how All Stars was set up.

MC Extra Dollop

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
At the moment I'm going through the seasons based on a bit of a combination of the Guide to Binge Watching Survivor on The Ringer (The Thanos Snap), along with how frequently a season appears on Mario Lanza's funny 115s. I've done season 1, 2 ,3 , 6, 7, 12 and currently have 5 and 13 on the go.

I just finished Africa (s3) and God, is there anything more loathsome than a jury member who a) was a terrible player and was incredibly lucky to even make the jury; and b) is incredibly bitter and casts a spite vote based on some home truths delivered by one of the finalists. I can't believe we still get the odd salty 'pick a number' jury member, given it was done in the very first season.

Not sure on the rules of 'spoilers' for seasons of shows from 20 years ago, but does anyone want to have a go at an all time sh*t truck jury?

ScrappyCoCo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Old mate Sharn walked passed me today when I was trimming the verge. Took me a couple of seconds to compute who she was...she gave a polite nod and waddled off down the street.

Last edited:

Ryz

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Is it fair to say by the time filming resumes, it's going to be a LONG time before we see new seasons of Aus/US survivor?

Missus has watched all the aus seasons, but I'm trying to convince her to watch all U.S. seasons from the start as we'll probably have time to catch up now (and I bailed around S15 anyway)

Loonerty

Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Is it fair to say by the time filming resumes, it's going to be a LONG time before we see new seasons of Aus/US survivor?

Missus has watched all the aus seasons, but I'm trying to convince her to watch all U.S. seasons from the start as we'll probably have time to catch up now (and I bailed around S15 anyway)
It's probably going to be a while for Aus, US though Jeff said they intend to have something airing in the fall (our spring) season.

Would have to be a domestic filmed season though.

Ryz

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
It's probably going to be a while for Aus, US though Jeff said they intend to have something airing in the fall (our spring) season.

Would have to be a domestic filmed season though.
Cheers mate, that should be interesting if they end up doing a domestic season .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaveyBoy123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 26, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton, San Antonio, Buffalo
The original thread is locked, so I'll post this here:

Surfer Ross Clarke-Jones sues Survivor producers

When big wave surfer Ross Clarke-Jones took part in a rope challenge on Australian Survivor last year, he had no idea of the long-term impact it would have. Now he’s taking legal action against the producers of the show.

1590885951405.png

DaveyBoy123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 26, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton, San Antonio, Buffalo
TBH I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner
Wasn't he on a major tv advertisement late last year? Sorry, I can't recall the brand, but I'm almost certain he was.

It probably wouldn't have been a great look if he was suing for lost earnings at the same time as making money from a promotional campaign (that, let's be honest here; would have been unlikely had he not been on 'Survivor').

Remove this Banner Ad