FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Mo’s been royally screwed by this twist. To target Phoebe is one of the best moves Aus Survivor has seen. 99/100 times a person targets the 2IC of an alliance to weaken that alliance. Instead, for Mo to target Phoebe to force David into working with her (as he’d have little other choice) and with every intention to work with him going forward is cold, calculated and brilliant.

Mo’s seriously underrated as a player. She was solid in her original season before being taken down by illness. She doesn’t get the plaudits of other players because she doesn’t have the flashy game play or charisma of other players. I suspect her relatively underwhelming AFLW career also is influencing perceptions of her as a Survivor player. Probably the second best player Australia has produced after David.

The amount of twists they are throwing in is getting ridiculous but for all the twists tonight it still ended up with a predictable result with Lydia voted out.

She was always going to be next on the chopping block after Abbey went home. Thought she would have done better in that fire challenge though.

Mo’s been royally screwed by this twist. To target Phoebe is one of the best moves Aus Survivor has seen. 99/100 times a person targets the 2IC of an alliance to weaken that alliance. Instead, for Mo to target Phoebe to force David into working with her (as he’d have little other choice) and with every intention to work with him going forward is cold, calculated and brilliant.

Mo’s seriously underrated as a player. She was solid in her original season before being taken down by illness. She doesn’t get the plaudits of other players because she doesn’t have the flashy game play or charisma of other players. I suspect her relatively underwhelming AFLW career also is influencing perceptions of her as a Survivor player. Probably the second best player Australia has produced after David.

Getting a bit carried away there, she does have some strategic nous and is at least prepared to make some moves unlike some others there but she's still a long way off being the second best Survivor player Australia has produced, I wouldn't even have her in the top 10 at this stage.

Not sure her move to get rid of Phoebe was all that clever anyway since Phoebe didn't even vote with David in the last tribal. He voted for Nick while Phoebe told Nick about it and they both decided to vote for Mo so getting rid of Phoebe wouldn't have hurt David as much as she thought and now Phoebe has stayed in that tribe it could spell trouble for Mo at the next tribal if they can get an extra 2 or 3 people to vote for her.

David could be in trouble too as he doesn't seem to have any strong alliances in that tribe but I'd back him to at least survive until the merge and if he can team up again with Mat they could be hard to stop.

Last edited:
More pressing issue, why do they have to walk through water on the way to tribal? Why can’t they just take the path?
It isn't their choice, none of them willingly want to get wet at night, then sit cold and wet in a van on the way to tribal...but production thought taking the water route was more visually appealing.

Just got to trust the game as well. It’s worked for 40 seasons in the US with nowhere near as many twists per season as we see on the Australian version.

Feels like the Aus producers are so scared of it going stale on the audiences that they feel the need to keep mixing it up. This may have some merit due to Australian audiences being different to US audiences but the concept of Survivor in its basic form is self-sustaining; it doesn’t need constant twists to keep it interesting.
you havent been watching the lastest US seasons then. Unwatchable because of stupid twists

Getting a bit carried away there, she does have some strategic nous and is at least prepared to make some moves unlike some others there but she's still a long way off being the second best Survivor player Australia has produced, I wouldn't even have her in the top 10 at this stage.

Not sure her move to get rid of Phoebe was all that clever anyway since Phoebe didn't even vote with David in the last tribal. He voted for Nick while Phoebe told Nick about it and they both decided to vote for Mo so getting rid of Phoebe wouldn't have hurt David as much as she thought and now Phoebe has stayed in that tribe it could spell trouble for Mo at the next tribal if they can get an extra 2 or 3 people to vote for her.

David could be in trouble too as he doesn't seem to have any strong alliances in that tribe but I'd back him to at least survive until the merge and if he can team up again with Mat they could be hard to stop.

"Not sure her move to get rid of Phoebe was all that clever anyway since Phoebe didn't even vote with David in the last tribal"

That wasn't really the point. David sees Pheobe as an ally. Whether or not Pheobe feels the same way is irrelevant. Mo wanted to make David feel vulnerable so that he'd end up working with her. She cant get rid of him because of his alliance with Mat so voting out someone he sees as a potential ally was the next best step.

And judging by the preview for the next episode, it worked. David seems to be the one in trouble and will have no choice but to work with Mo. Mo seems like the one in control in that tribe now.

you havent been watching the lastest US seasons then. Unwatchable because of stupid twists
Which twists? They have certainly added different elements into the seasons like EoE, Fire Tokens and Island of the Idols etc but these are all established at the beginning of the season.

I’m talking about random twists thrown at the players at a tribal council mid season.

Im not sure where the massive critisism from Mo came, can only think it was a combination of the expectation she would be more of a physical threat and then pulling out in her first season. She's always been far from a goat.

I think things will really kick off post merge. Most of the players are playing relatively conservative games, but few of them are clearly getting itchy feet.

Just got to trust the game as well. It’s worked for 40 seasons in the US with nowhere near as many twists per season as we see on the Australian version.

Feels like the Aus producers are so scared of it going stale on the audiences that they feel the need to keep mixing it up. This may have some merit due to Australian audiences being different to US audiences but the concept of Survivor in its basic form is self-sustaining; it doesn’t need constant twists to keep it interesting.

Probably because Australians have the attention span of a gold fish - need to keep changing it up to attract their attention.

Explains why MAFS is the highest tv show in Australia. God we are stuffed.

"Not sure her move to get rid of Phoebe was all that clever anyway since Phoebe didn't even vote with David in the last tribal"

That wasn't really the point. David sees Pheobe as an ally. Whether or not Pheobe feels the same way is irrelevant. Mo wanted to make David feel vulnerable so that he'd end up working with her. She cant get rid of him because of his alliance with Mat so voting out someone he sees as a potential ally was the next best step.

And judging by the preview for the next episode, it worked. David seems to be the one in trouble and will have no choice but to work with Mo. Mo seems like the one in control in that tribe now.

Well Phoebe wasn't voted out so it didn't really work and Nick and Phoebe voted for Mo in the last tribal so I wouldn't say she is in control, they only need to get a couple of others onside and they could vote her out at the next tribal, keeping in mind Nick has the 2 vote advantage,

Probably because Australians have the attention span of a gold fish - need to keep changing it up to attract their attention.

Explains why MAFS is the highest tv show in Australia. God we are stuffed.

The people watching Australian Survivor are unlikely to be MAFS fans since they are on at the same time so trying to copy that show with twists and manufactured drama is more likely to turn people off it. On top of that twists often help the weaker players while hurting the stronger players that people want to watch so throwing more of them in just increases the likelihood that the stronger players like Mat or David will get booted earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was nothing wrong with Abbey's strategy. My kids (adult) were complaining about her crapping on about "keeping the tribe strong" and I explained to them that as annoying as it is it makes perfect sense for her game. She doesn't have the tactical ability or social skills to beat the others, so she needs as many other physical players around her as possible to have a chance later.

My issue with her play is that she was just clueless as to how the numbers worked and was seemingly incredulous that she could be blindsided.
nothing wrong? 90% a good post but I'd argue that she came across as too hell bent on 'keep the tribe strong' to stop and ask someone with greater numbers who they wanted out. Ability to show you can work with a majority (like Shonee did) is a strategy that could have helped Abbey get to merge.

Mo is really playing up this unsuspecting underdog role. Almost too much. Lol
agree, I thought she was in serious danger of outsmarting herself: by splitting the vote to throw Dave off the scent she risked going herself if Sharn had voted Mo instead of Phoebe (assuming Lee and Zach would probably have followed Sharn's vote). Other interesting twist is Phoebe will be telling Dave she voted Nick and hence Dave won't believe that Mo & Tarzan both voted Nick even though they did (or was it Jacqui instead of Tarzan?) wiki says it was Dave, Tarzan and Zach that voted Nick??

Mo Tarzan Jacqui Sharn voted feebs

Dave Zac Lee voted Nic
Mo wanted her and Tarzan to vote with Dave for nick so that he’d see she could be trusted.

nick and phoebe voted Mo like they planned.

Zach, Sharn, Jacqui and Lee voted for Phoebe.

At least that’s how I think it went.
Kyptastic's post is how I think it went as well but wiki shows it slightly different with Zach voting Nick and Mo voting Phoebe.

Jeez the ads are playing up Dave being in trouble. I guess by the way that the votes went he really is on his own.
I don't think he's on his own any more than when David was shown saying he was 7-2 minority after the tribe swap. Mo still keen to work with Dave but Dave could be in trouble if Phoebe stays in the game and he doesn't work out that she's more loyal to Nick. (Nick will be keen to go after Dave at some point and Dave can't afford to leak intel via Phoebe.)

Agree except last sentence is too early a call. I'd have others like Harry and even Sharn ahead of Mo. Both made it to at least final 3 and Sharn seemed to be the one who knew what everyone was planning at that last vote so could easily have gotten Mo sent to the fire challenge.

I can see Nick getting super paranoid now his name has come up in the votes, really hoping he does something stupid to get voted off.
Nick knew via Phoebe that he was getting votes but wasn't paranoid enough to use his extra vote so unfortunately I can't see it happening. I say unfortunately as he's against Dave and I'd prefer Dave to stay than Nick. Also didn't like Nick's comment 'some chump' when Dave paid him a compliment. Even if he thinks Dave is a chump it strikes me as a dumb move, don't get people offside.

If they are going to not send people home, they better announce what it is before the vote.

Wasn’t there someone who got voted out and then returned to the game and got really far in one of the earlier seasons?

Edit. It was Tara in season 2
That nearly put my off Australian survivor for good.
Terrible player with no attributes , only thing she did was whinge.

Gets voted out , ridiculous twist and comes back in the game and other players drag her along as a goat.
The last tribal where she was trying to justify she wasn't a goat was laughable.

That nearly put my off Australian survivor for good.
Terrible player with no attributes , only thing she did was whinge.

Gets voted out , ridiculous twist and comes back in the game and other players drag her along as a goat.
The last tribal where she was trying to justify she wasn't a goat was laughable.
BuT sHe orChestrAted ThE LocKiE v0tE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back