FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Surprised no one else has mentioned Nicaragua, one of my favourite US Survivor seasons with Fabio going on an immunity run at the end to win against the odds, it also had some other classic contestants like Benry and the super annoying Naonka who ended up quitting.

Survivor Redemption Island with Boston Rob and Philip Sheppard and Survivor Cagayan with Tony Vlachos and Spencer Bledsoe are another couple of favourites.

I only got into Survivor about 10 years ago though so I can't compare them to all the earlier seasons like some of the true Survivor tragics here can.

Phoebe has done the opposite. She’s deleted her claims off reddit.

Moana probably online bullied her into deleting them.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surprised no one else has mentioned Nicaragua, one of my favourite US Survivor seasons with Fabio going on an immunity run at the end to win against the odds, it also had some other classic contestants like Benry and the super annoying Naonka who ended up quitting.

Survivor Redemption Island with Boston Rob and Philip Sheppard and Survivor Cagayan with Tony Vlachos and Spencer Bledsoe are another couple of favourites.

I only got into Survivor about 10 years ago though so I can't compare them to all the earlier seasons like some of the true Survivor tragics here can.

Moana probably online bullied her into deleting them.
God i love Phillip Shepherd. Pure gold every episode even though he is somehow hated by most. Stealth R us one of the most iconic "alliances" ever

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Are you?

Very boring season IMO. Fabio was the best thing about it.

Redemption Island also widely considered the worst season.

That was the first full Survivor season I watched so it has some nostalgia value for me, Survivor tragics probably feel the same way about the early seasons of Survivor even though they were pretty s**t compared to the later seasons when they refined the format and contestants got better at playing the game.

Those seasons I mentioned were also better than the last few US seasons like Winners at War which is a hot mess with all the stupid twists they've thrown in.

God i love Phillip Shepherd. Pure gold every episode even though he is somehow hated by most. Stealth R us one of the most iconic "alliances" ever

Yeah I loved him too, wearing his pink undies around camp with no f***s given, he was mad as a cut snake but he made for great entertainment.

He was like the US version of Tarzan, a crazy old coot that was never going to win but was a useful goat to help legends like Boston Rob and the Golden God win.

buttsauce

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2011
Inverloch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics, Vikings
I just finished Hero’s vs Villians. Was awesome. I watched the early the survivors then stopped and only started watching again now.
Parvati was stiff I thought she was better than Sandra. And Russell was pretty impressive the way he did as he pleased. Everyone just hates him.

Short little four and a half hour podcast with Dave if anyone wants some weekend listening

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Dave did an interview with The Project last week in self isolation from Perth, seems like he's got back with his boys that he did a phone hook up with.

That would make Perth the Survivor capital of the world, we have the Golden God, Luke, Harry, Zach and Locky, hard to beat that alliance.

darrenmorgan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Short little four and a half hour podcast with Dave if anyone wants some weekend listening

He is doing regular live q+a and interviews on his Instagram .
Well worth a look , seems like a very decent guy too .

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I enjoyed RI purely due to the dominance of Rob. The lack of opposition does put it low down in all time though.

Yeah, I've just finished RI and if you're a fan of Rob, it's an enjoyable clinic.

And, of course the hotties, holy moly. Including Ashley, the hottest tribe member I can remember and a rare case of a cast member who somehow looked better during the game than after they've finished (smoking hot either way, obviously).

Some of the seasons I've seen (I'm no guru, granted), someone like Sarita would probably be the hottest in it; in RI, she's like sixth or seventh cab off the rank.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
0 jury management.

I watched it again and I don't think he was that bad, certainly could of done better but when Probst speaks up and says the jury was bitter than he would know more information than most. No problem if the final result was 5-4 but a 7-2 landslide made the result a bit a joke.

This is amazing.
Takes some bloody effort and commitment but got it listened to, his recollection of everything is impressive but also who knows how much creative licence he has taken.
Interesting how many people actually knew about the fake idol, also how he was really down and struggling when he found the first idol.. Which in hindsight showed as from memory he was super super pumped when he found it. Also he is super aware of playing up for the camera and how much time he got on screen

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Also he is super aware of playing up for the camera and how much time he got on screen

I've played sport with a lot of people like that. Healthy egos but like to ham it up for a laugh and are definitely in on the joke. That's Dave: he thinks quite highly of himself, but to me it's pretty obvious that he's joking when he dials it up to 11 for his confessionals.

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'm just listening now. I'm less than 2 hours in and it's such a great podcast.

Even if no one wants to sit through the whole thing, do yourself a favour and go to 1:36.00 and listen to his impression of Luke. It's absolutely spot on

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm just listening now. I'm less than 2 hours in and it's such a great podcast.

Even if no one wants to sit through the whole thing, do yourself a favour and go to 1:36.00 and listen to his impression of Luke. It's absolutely spot on
i am three quarters of the way through the 5 hour Nick one on the same feed. Just as interesting as Daves, gives a different insight to some of the boots and also gives an insight to how All Stars was set up.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow i posted too soon. Nick gave Moana an absolute serve from about 3.30 to 3.50 if you want to listen to it. He did say at the start that he liked 22 other players and not 1 and that was Moana but he didnt defend Phoebe regarding the clash between the 2, he just stated facts. Very interesting

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow i posted too soon. Nick gave Moana an absolute serve from about 3.30 to 3.50 if you want to listen to it. He did say at the start that he liked 22 other players and not 1 and that was Moana but he didnt defend Phoebe regarding the clash between the 2, he just stated facts. Very interesting
Feel free to share some bullet points with those of us who don't have the spare 5 hours...

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
3.30-3.50 is 20 minutes, not 5 hrs
sorry, I replied to the wrong post. HeathComeBack 's previous post mentioned the 5 hours.

i am three quarters of the way through the 5 hour Nick one on the same feed. Just as interesting as Daves, gives a different insight to some of the boots and also gives an insight to how All Stars was set up.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
At the moment I'm going through the seasons based on a bit of a combination of the Guide to Binge Watching Survivor on The Ringer (The Thanos Snap), along with how frequently a season appears on Mario Lanza's funny 115s. I've done season 1, 2 ,3 , 6, 7, 12 and currently have 5 and 13 on the go.

I just finished Africa (s3) and God, is there anything more loathsome than a jury member who a) was a terrible player and was incredibly lucky to even make the jury; and b) is incredibly bitter and casts a spite vote based on some home truths delivered by one of the finalists. I can't believe we still get the odd salty 'pick a number' jury member, given it was done in the very first season.

Not sure on the rules of 'spoilers' for seasons of shows from 20 years ago, but does anyone want to have a go at an all time s**t truck jury?

Back