Chelsea
1621475448462.png

No date announced yet.

ScrappyCoCo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder which group that our last winner, David Genat, would be in if he was in it.

ScrappyCoCo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I have always enjoyed the Aust Survivor more than the US for some reason....maybe it is not as slick, or I can relate to the competitors more. Not sure why. Last season was an absolute cracker.

Ry009

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
I have always enjoyed the Aust Survivor more than the US for some reason....maybe it is not as slick, or I can relate to the competitors more. Not sure why. Last season was an absolute cracker.

IMO, Aus Survivor is just as slick. Pretty much the same production values just with Aussie contestants. JLP has really grown into the role of host as well.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
IMO, Aus Survivor is just as slick. Pretty much the same production values just with Aussie contestants. JLP has really grown into the role of host as well.
I think surviving the extra 2 weeks also makes it harder

ScrappyCoCo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe slick is the wrong description...It might be the hosts personality, how he is a bit more casual and laid back and willing to have a laugh with the contestants more. Just that Aussie all around feel to it that I enjoy. I still enjoy the US version as well. Can't wait actually for it to come on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Suspect they will throw in a lot of puzzle challenges for the big come from behind victories for the Brains

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder how out of the ordinary it will be with the rural setting for this season
the US Survivor in Australia had a similar setting and that was one of my favourite US seasons. I doubt it will affect anything

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Not really relevant to this particular thread but I think Friday just gone marked one year since the last episode of the US version of Survivor aired before Covid farked everything.

Ray Jay Johnson

Senior List
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
According to the girlfriend after watching the preview, one of the brains seems to be Marine Scientist/model Laura Wells. The hornier members of the forum may want to check out her Instagram.

The Smaller Warrior

Bigger than Jesus #magic
Mar 21, 2007
Adelaide, Glenelg
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Port Adelaide Magpies
The extra food they get compared to the US version makes it easier.
Just on this, you don't get a heap of extra food and the weights lost are pretty much the same across both versions in the past, in more recent seasons of the US Seasons they actually get more food which is why they don't really publish weights lost so much now. I lost 16kg which outside of a couple of bigger dudes, would be up there with the highest numbers on a US season as an example.

trueblue_91

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Arsenal
Just on this, you don't get a heap of extra food and the weights lost are pretty much the same across both versions in the past, in more recent seasons of the US Seasons they actually get more food which is why they don't really publish weights lost so much now. I lost 16kg which outside of a couple of bigger dudes, would be up there with the highest numbers on a US season as an example.

16 kgs is insane. Hopefully it didn't take a long run toll on your physical health! How many days were you out there again? The longer format probably results in more weight lost relative to the shorter US seasons.

drd23

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Why do I have it in my mind that Flick didn't lose that much?

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The reason I struggle getting into Aussie version is the amount of episodes that you need to invest in watching per week compared to the US one episode.

But then I didn’t complain when MAFS was ruining my life in Autumn

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad